Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrtransmission

Evilution.co.uk and Kane

8 posts in this topic

Hi all. I posted under How-To, since this regards the biggest how-to contributor I know of.

I rarely post, and haven't been on much this year, and found this while poking around Kane's site:

http://www.evilution.co.uk/688

It appears Kane is on hiatus, and could use our help. Personally I would have spent thousands on my repairs without this site, and I think everyone here is indebted to him. He went through a lot of trouble to create a site with an easy interface, took the time to document everything, AND made it accessible to all free of charge.

Evilution was there whenever we were in need, and now it's our turn to repay the favor. I personally will be donating $10 a month to help, and I hope enough of you feel the same way to help Kane through his troubles, and show our gratitude. There is a link to Kane's PayPal account on his site.

I apologize if this is old news to everyone. I just read it, and haven't seen mention of it here.

-Stewart

Our friend Kane has had a challenging year or two, but he is back on his feet and active once more in the smart community as of June or so this year. he appears most often on SCoA because he's got himself a 451 to mod now.Bil :sun:

Back in June Kane was even considering a vacation in Canada. That didn't seem to happen. Hope we didn't scare him off :Dclick here.

Our friend Kane has had a challenging year or two, but he is back on his feet and active once more in the smart community as of June or so this year. he appears most often on SCoA because he's got himself a 451 to mod now.Bil :sun:

I had a bit of a major turn around. Was in a 1 room place for a long time, no money or room. That's all sorted now, just about to move into a 17th century cottage with a double garage so that means more room for modding. I've had my 451 since January 2008. I disappeared from here long before the trouble started. I just couldn't get on with the new forum design, it was too busy and I couldn't concentrate.

Glad to hear. I was really worried we would lose such an important part of our community.

Thanks, I have deleted that page now I'm back.

Back in June Kane was even considering a vacation in Canada. That didn't seem to happen.

There were too many options so we went to Amsterdam instead, turned out a lot cheaper, more money to spend on something I'd enjoy (I don't like holidays).

Best news so far this year! By the way, I noticed the link to "Donations to Evilution" in first post of this thread was missing so I thought I might add it here. Being a real miser I still found I could afford a 10 pound one off donation. Thanks Kane for all your help and excellent site.

TK Posted Image

There were too many options so we went to Amsterdam instead, turned out a lot cheaper, more money to spend on something I'd enjoy (I don't like holidays).

Good for you!! I would love to go to Amsterdam.Don't forget that if you ever came to Canada that there would be some members here that would put you up :D