Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Michaello

Useless Accessories

27 posts in this topic

Dear Smart Friends,I would like to ask your opinion about the accessories you found absolutely USELESS.Regards,Michaello

The Sponge Bob I have wedged between the tach and clock doesn't know what time it is, doesn't know where we are going, and just keeps staring at me with a silly grin.He's more useless than an empty PEZ dispenser.Of course, if we're supposed to be serious, I'd nominate about half of the buttons on the stock Grundig radio.

Edited by ianjay

The CD holders, now that I use iPods.

NO Way - The heater on a 451 is great!

So that's all the extra fuel they use is for!

I think that the little thing that plugs into the power outlet is a waste. All it does is get real hot if I push it in. :D

The heater on my 450 is great but I agree that the little thing that plugs into the power outlet really is useless. Ish.

The factory single cup holder is quite useless in my opinion unless you have a huge slurpee or something. as far as a normal regular cup it's junk.

They're useful on a long French Autoroute drive, but aside from that, no.

I was thinking of "accessories" in the way a car brochure thinks of them, not options or base equipment. But if the scope is expanded, the vote has to go to the rear fog light switch.

I think that the little thing that plugs into the power outlet is a waste. All it does is get real hot if I push it in. :D

That thing gets my vote. When (if) i ever sell my smart, it will still be factory-fresh. :P

I was going to go for coin slots, but they are actually pretty useful for collecting dust & dirt, so I'll go w/ AC.garth

Tire goop and the FBOD (Foam Block of Death) get my vote - one ruins the tire - the other uses up foot space. The end caps on the luggage cover also get high marks in the useless category - they are useful if they are there but they fall off at the least suggestion and usually lodge in the most incredible places. Also the little gap between the seat rail and the seat that is the perfect size for a smart key including the large head fob (don't ask). Cheers,Cameron

The factory single cup holder is quite useless in my opinion unless you have a huge slurpee or something. as far as a normal regular cup it's junk.

I agree, mine has a plastic bag in it for garbage such as a parking ticket (the paid ones, not the fancy little yellow fine ones the meter people give out *got two in one day at work in the Astro van*)Brit and Marty Car :)

AIR CONDITIONING!

Amen to that. Windows do roll down, the fan can blow cold air it's self on top of the fact that the compressor uses hp and therefore fuel. Plus the 450 hoses are known to crack and leak.

The Air Conditioning, each fall I get mine fixed and by summer I discover that it isn't working! :(

As much as the AC was a pita before my upgrade the Most Useless Accessory has to be the coin slots in my 450....ranks right up there with GM's Power Coat Hook....

We were using the A/C all day today, 32 degrees, too hot to drop the top!+1 on the coin slots!