Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smartCentreMaple

smart Centre Sales

33 posts in this topic

I may be misinformed but I was under the impression that the smart ev (or at least the initial offerring was not for sale...just lease...and a very VERY expensive one at that. Am I misinformed or has something changed??

It should cost at least $600/month to lease it.

Turns out it is $545, still expensive but not as bad as I thought it would be. For urban users with some cash to burn, who never go on the highway, it could make sense.

Mercedes is planning new smart models that will say true to the nature of smart. The 4 door vehicle that the U.S is getting next year won’t be coming to Canada.

That sums it up; same discussions ongoing on SCOA and smartusainsider.com but the calls for various upgrades/improvements for the current 451 have been overcome by events. Other than the 2011 "refresh" the 451 is at the end of its product cycle. The next generation smart from Daimler/Renault may address some of the issues mentioned by this and other threads - new transmission, better suspension and perhaps a North American diesel. No details yet but the 2013/14 model year introduction is not that far off. :)

I'm wondering how much of the thunder the fiat 500 will steal when it launches next year. For some reason I think it will do okay. I don't think it will sell as well as the smart when it first launched. I’m actually glad more small cars are hitting our shores. GO LE..smart..AFS GO… In my mind it’s just like the leafs. The smart is the under dog, but still remains favorable to many.

I have never been a fan of retro-pastiche cars like the Camaro, Mustang, MINI, Fiat 500, VW New Beetle.....I could go on.smart has to be given credit for not ape-ing some long bygone design. Instead, they reinvented the car, with all of the risks and challenges that posed. That is worth something, in a sea of faux-nostalgic designs.

I have never been a fan of retro-pastiche cars like the Camaro, Mustang, MINI, Fiat 500, VW New Beetle.....I could go on.smart has to be given credit for not ape-ing some long bygone design. Instead, they reinvented the car, with all of the risks and challenges that posed. That is worth something, in a sea of faux-nostalgic designs.

I Agree