Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
1960NSU

05' Passion Parts

93 posts in this topic

Hi all: I just aquired a 05 Passion cdi, that I am going to use for as donar car for a resto on another old Germen car (1960 NSU Prinz ll). I am not going to be using alot of parts on the Smart except the engine and running gear, so I will have various parts available for sale to anyone who may need extra bits. The car has front end damage, so some of the front end bits are not usable, but the rest of the car is in good shape. And the airbags went off. :o What I can think of off the top of my head right now is doors, glass (except passenger door) sunroof, seats, carpeting,dash components, luggage comp. cover, doors, rear hatch, rear door, taillights, well basically anything that isn't broke. :lol: I can take pics of anything you may be interested in. PM me if anyone needs anything. I am in BC, in the okanagan.Wendy2005 Mini Cooper S1967 NSU Prinz 41960 NSU Prinz ll1961 Fiat 600

I noticed that you mentioned that it has front end damage. Is the grille in one piece or was it damaged?If in one piece (good shape), how much for it?

Wendy could you do me a favour and tell me the last 6 numbers of the VIN of the scrapped passion? We are tracking them, you see!NSU Prinz, interesting. A TTS would be cool!

The front grill is definatly not so good, see pic. I will check on the vin number tomorrow. No definatly not going to be a TT, this is the earlier model before the sedan type style of the TT, and P4. This is a pic of the car going to calgary for body work.Wendy

post-8961-1290671190_thumb.jpg

post-8961-1290671283_thumb.jpg

HiGlad to see you are restoring the old Prinz. I had a 1963 Prinz III for a couple of years in the mid 60's. Brings back some good memories.Roy

No leather seats, cloth ones and they are a funky blue/grey. It does have a power sunroof.I am going to clean it out today, and get some good shots of the interior. I am unsure as to what button does what in it at this point in the car, is there a place where I cna find a owners manual online that would help identify things correctly?Wendy

post-8961-1290706464_thumb.jpg

See quite a few things I could use (of course not in the budget till the new year). Sounds like you are going to have fun with your NSU project. If you check Evilution smart on google ( can't remeber the link off hand), they have a lot of the information on the car that you would like, including an online copy of the owners manual (at least it was working again two days ago).If you still have parts in the new year I'll check out some pricing from you.

Some pieces I would like, such as the drivers lock with door handle, the rear "spolier" *mine is all sunfaded, looks nasty*. Did it by any chance have the dual cup holder from the 451 or with the stock one from the 450?Brit and Marty Car :D

Some pieces I would like, such as the drivers lock with door handle, the rear "spolier" *mine is all sunfaded, looks nasty*. Did it by any chance have the dual cup holder from the 451 or with the stock one from the 450?Brit and Marty Car :D

The cup holder is the round unit with the rubber insert that moves to the side, unsure if this is a stock one or not. Does the spoiler come away from the rear door frame? it looks like a complete piece with the light in it.Wendy

See quite a few things I could use (of course not in the budget till the new year). Sounds like you are going to have fun with your NSU project. If you check Evilution smart on google ( can't remeber the link off hand), they have a lot of the information on the car that you would like, including an online copy of the owners manual (at least it was working again two days ago).If you still have parts in the new year I'll check out some pricing from you.

Thanks for the tip from evilution, I downloaded the manual, very helpful to identify what is what.Wendy

Wendy could you do me a favour and tell me the last 6 numbers of the VIN of the scrapped passion? We are tracking them, you see!NSU Prinz, interesting. A TTS would be cool!

The last 6 digits on the VIN are 177231Wendy

Thank you, that car was last spotted in Cowichan Bay. So it's toast eh? Well good luck with the part sales.

THE SUNROOF IS SUCH A RARE OPTION! IT SHOULD (AND COULD) BE PURCHASED BY ANOTHER SMART CAR OWNER. A GLASS SHOP WOULD THEN BE ABLE TO 'TRANSPLANT IT' ONTO THE ROOF OF EITHER A PASSION OR PURE COUPE.IT WOULD MAKE A NICE REPLACEMENT FOR SOMEONE WHO'S GLASS ROOF HAS SHATTERED!

Only thing with the sunroof is you will have some wiring to do as well - the switch on the console and the power to the motor. Also you need the headliner and the front filler piece.Good on you for retrofitting the NSU - should be an interesting car when complete. Often thought a Lotus 7 type car would be fun to build around a smart power unit - light - fast - and thrifty on fuel!Cheers,Cameron

IF you want something let me know I can save it for you if you want.

I took the doors apart this weekend, and the outer skins are off and the inner cards as well, if you would still like the door handle and lock, let me know. Wendy

No leather seats, cloth ones and they are a funky blue/grey. It does have a power sunroof.I am going to clean it out today, and get some good shots of the interior. I am unsure as to what button does what in it at this point in the car, is there a place where I cna find a owners manual online that would help identify things correctly?Wendy

I would be interested in the power sunroof. Any idea of what you would want for it? Also do you know how I could get it here. I am down by Niagara Falls. Any Pictures of sunroof?

I would be interested in the power sunroof. Any idea of what you would want for it? Also do you know how I could get it here. I am down by Niagara Falls. Any Pictures of sunroof?

Getting it there in one piece may be a problem. I do know dealers/glass shops ship these things all the time, as well as windshields, but they are equiped to do so. Do you have someone you know who would be going in that direction that could take it with them?As much as I would like to sell it to you, I think shipping would be the biggest/costly concern.Here are some pics anyway. They may not be that great of a shot. Now that I see them, not so good of pics.I can get some better ones if you would like.Wendy

post-8961-1291083400_thumb.jpg

post-8961-1291083462_thumb.jpg

Getting it there in one piece may be a problem. I do know dealers/glass shops ship these things all the time, as well as windshields, but they are equiped to do so. Do you have someone you know who would be going in that direction that could take it with them?As much as I would like to sell it to you, I think shipping would be the biggest/costly concern.Here are some pics anyway. They may not be that great of a shot. Now that I see them, not so good of pics.I can get some better ones if you would like.Wendy

I love it. Pics give me the idea. I just need to find out how to get it here. Guess I need the headliner to.

As Speedie said, yes you would need the head liner, and the electrical bits etc. I took some more pics, hard to get from the lighting in the garage reflects alot.The funny looking stuff on the glass ia tape residue, they had the passenger side window taped up because it was missing. The head liner does have a mark on the passenger side infront of rear side window, will probably come out with a good cleaning.Wendy

post-8961-1291098287_thumb.jpg

post-8961-1291098356_thumb.jpg

post-8961-1291098404_thumb.jpg

Definitely THE roof to have if you are a coupé owner, I think anyway.

+1... the awesomest roof! Wish I could afford to buy and install it on my wee smartie :drool:Bil :sun:

+1... the awesomest roof! Wish I could afford to buy and install it on my wee smartie :drool:Bil :sun:

Hey you are close so you wouldn't have to pay any shipping, I am in Vernon.Wendy

Some items have been sold, updated listSo I have come up with a list of things that are off the car, and a price for each, plus shipping if needed.Luggage cover: 40.00 Rear inner panels: 50.00/pr Rear taillights w/seals/skin: 100.00/prAntenna: 15.00 Rear view mirror/visors: 30.00 Door handles w/cable: 50.00/prAshtray: 10.00 Cup holder: 15.00 Door panel pockets: SOLDFog light switch:SOLDPower window controls module w/switches: SOLD (no wiring)Service grill (1 only) DS: SOLDAirvent Pods: 10.00/prDrawer under Cd player: 10.00Headlight bits: Driver side lense, seals L/R (2) Chrome inner pieces (one from each side): 15.00 allRear corner Glass: 60.00/pr (passenger side has small scratch) with seals etc.Rear reflector bumps: 50.00 eachRear panel: 75.00Rear Fenders: 100.00/prDoor Skins: 100.00/prFront and rear underpanels: 50.00/prDoors L/R with no glass: 100.00 eachSmall vent window glass on doors: 75.00 prI also have the front spoiler thing (very bottom piece), one clip is broke but still there, pay for shipping and it's yours.Wendy

Edited by 1960NSU