Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jwight

April Fools III International - 2 April 2011

74 posts in this topic

Crossing at Sarnia is a shorter drive for John and myself, how about you Ron? Although that being written, our roads are better then in the US, so the drive to Windsor may be more comfortable?

Crossing at Sarnia is a shorter drive for John and myself, how about you Ron? Although that being written, our roads are better then in the US, so the drive to Windsor may be more comfortable?

Whatever works for you John. It is just over an hour from my place to Sarnia and around 2 hours to Windsor. That means one hour more of driving on the Canadian side. I don't mind driving so either route works for me. If you feel the trip down could be more comfortable on the Canadian side as much as possible, then it should be Windsor, but as I said, whatever works for you. :) PM me if you wish to arrange for a meeting place.I'm easy, but not cheap ;)Ron :bike:ok, I'm cheap too :blush02:

I would prefer to cross at sarnia, no lights and right on 94. Mapquest say it is about six and a half hr drive so any time mid morning to noon would be good for me. 94 going to Detroit is in pretty good shape,its 75 to Toledo is a bit rougher. What do you guys think?John

I would prefer to cross at sarnia, no lights and right on 94. Mapquest say it is about six and a half hr drive so any time mid morning to noon would be good for me. 94 going to Detroit is in pretty good shape,its 75 to Toledo is a bit rougher. What do you guys think?John

You got my vote...what do you think Huronlad?

For me, anytime after 6:00am. :P Place? I would presume someplace close to the highway.

I would prefer sometime after 6am as well, maybe closer to 8 or 9. Hopefully John can suggest a good meeting place.

I was able to book a room at the Berlin Village Inn for the Saturday night, they are booked up for Friday. I have booked a room in Wooster for Friday evening, the Rodeway Inn Wooster East, it is about 17 miles north of Berlin.

OK, current plans show 3 cars from Canada? I've booked at the Rodeway Inn @ Wooster also - see you there Friday evening. Thanks again for joining us. :)PS - if anyone has room for a can of Tim Hortons coffee I'd appreciate it. Edited by jwight

I would prefer sometime after 6am as well, maybe closer to 8 or 9. Hopefully John can suggest a good meeting place.

How about meeting at Tim Hortons at Reeses Corners. 402 exit 25 go south past truck stop and timmys on the left at the light. Meet there at say 9am good? Also can get desiel fuel if you need to top up.John

OK, current plans show 3 cars from Canada? I've booked at the Rodeway Inn @ Wooster also - see you there Friday evening. Thanks again for joining us. :)PS - if anyone has room for a can of Tim Hortons coffee I'd appreciate it.

Out of curiosity, how many in total are expected?I will make room for some coffee for you.

How about meeting at Tim Hortons at Reeses Corners. 402 exit 25 go south past truck stop and timmys on the left at the light. Meet there at say 9am good? Also can get desiel fuel if you need to top up.John

That works for me.

Out of curiosity, how many in total are expected?I will make room for some coffee for you.

Right now 14 cars, 21 people. Still waiting on a few holdouts to sign up. :)

Works for me too, but I probably won't need to refuel.

When you have your travel plans made, let me know if you'll be anywhere near Dayton on the Friday; I can join the convoy if that's the case. :)

This will be my first 'overnighter' in the US in almost 50 years. Is there any way that we can be sure of a hotel/motel in the area that won't break the bank?

I don't use credit cards, so phoning ahead to book a room is a hassle when they hear that. :huh:

I'll go to the link on page one and try to find the "sign in" spot. I am coming, and from the looks of it, I'll have company (Huronlad & Adelaide J)

This will be my first 'overnighter' in the US in almost 50 years. Is there any way that we can be sure of a hotel/motel in the area that won't break the bank?

I don't use credit cards, so phoning ahead to book a room is a hassle when they hear that. :huh:

I'll go to the link on page one and try to find the "sign in" spot. I am coming, and from the looks of it, I'll have company (Huronlad & Adelaide J)

Huronlad found the Rodeway Inn, Wooster, Ohio - rooms are under $70/night. The ones in Berlin are either full or over $100/night. I'll be at the Rodeway Inn Friday night as well. :)

PS - I have the three of you plus 42pilot on the list; if that's not right please let me know.

Edited by jwight

John, is this just north of Wyoming?

When you have your travel plans made, let me know if you'll be anywhere near Dayton on the Friday; I can join the convoy if that's the case. :)

Leadwing, Adelaide J and myself will be crossing at Port Huron, heading south to Toledo, east to the Sandusky area, then south to Wooster and Berlin.

John, is this just north of Wyoming?

Yes........Come off the 401 at Oil Heritage Rd. (exit 25) and go south towards Wyoming. First set of traffic lights is Reeces Corners and the Timmies will be on your left at the lights. About ½ km south of the 401 at London Line.Ron :bike: Edited by Leadwing

I have a couple of old (but working)) 2-way radios. I can bring them with me in case we get separated. One for whoever is leading this convoy....I get the other one :P

Maybe if someone could make up a simple map with highway numbers and directions for each car, that would be good too. I have never crossed at the Sarnia crossing and really don't want to get lost :huh:

Waycoolrollers might be able to come as well. This will be confirmed later as Robert might have to work on the friday.

Ron :bike:

Edited by Leadwing

Leadwing, Adelaide J and myself will be crossing at Port Huron, heading south to Toledo, east to the Sandusky area, then south to Wooster and Berlin.

Pretty far north so I'll plan on catching up with you all Friday evening. :)

Is there any way that we can be sure of a hotel/motel in the area that won't break the bank? I don't use credit cards, so phoning ahead to book a room is a hassle when they hear that.

Ron, your best bet will likely be to find a place in Wooster, there are several to choose from around the same price as the Rodeway Inn (if it ends up being full), Super 8, Econolodge.

I have a couple of old (but working)) 2-way radios. I can bring them with me in case we get separated. One for whoever is leading this convoy....I get the other one :P

Maybe if someone could make up a simple map with highway numbers and directions for each car, that would be good too. I have never crossed at the Sarnia crossing and really don't want to get lost :huh:

Waycoolrollers might be able to come as well. This will be confirmed later as Robert might have to work on the friday.

Ron :bike:

Ron, are your radios FRS or GMRS? If not I will bring my 3 GMRS radios with me.

I can print off directions from Mapquest for anyone that does not have a GPS.

Edited by Huronlad

I'm not old school, I'm pre-old school. No GPS here. I opened a paper map and actually found 2 Berlins within a few hours of each other. :o One is actually near Sandusky.My radios are Radio Shack specials. Bought about 25 years ago. I have no idea what the acronyms FRS or GMRS means.A hard copy of something from mapquest would be appreciated. :)Ron :bike: