Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cdbh

Traded in my Smart

9 posts in this topic

Well with all the problems that I have been having lately, I decided to trade in my Smart. I got a Ford Focus. I just wanted to thank all of the smart "Smarties" that have answered questions over the years. The forum here is fantastic!

Maybe it's a happy day, then. I hope the Focus serves you well.

You're not alone, I am thinking about doing the same thing.......Not sure what to get (in spring), but if it has to be small and cheap on gas again, the Chevy Aveo seems to be not too bad. 5 liters gas on highway-driving..... gas being cheaper then diesel now, it won't be more money. And the sell them for under 10 k brand new - hard to beat. The Focus is nice too, or the Fiesta. Let's see......... Good luck with your new one!Ghost

Edited by Ghost

I did the opposite in November. Traded in my 2001 Ford Focus wagon for a 2006 cdi pure. I had put $4000 into the suspension over three years. Only to find that the rear stabilizers had gone a second time and to fix it right (this time) it would be another $3000 after parts, labor, and other stuff that would come up after. The rear suspension actually got so far out of wack that it was almost deemed unsafe for highway driving. So we were stranded in Winnipeg for four days while we hunted down something to drive home in. Needless to say we picked the smart as our new ride. :)Chris

I was considering the very same thing. My 2005 smart passion was starting to fail me and I thought about trading it in for a Ford Focus. Instead I'm giving smart another chance. I really do love driving a smart car. I traded in for 2011 smart pure - I'm hoping it will be as much fun to drive as the diesel.

I hope the Focus serves you well!I currently have the opposite problem in that every time I drive by a car lot with a used cdi on it I want to buy it (especially the cream coloured hard tops with black tridion).

Good luck with your Focus and to everyone else who has traded their smart for something different good luck.My smart is running in tip top shape, no complaints and it's KM's are going up, biggest repair to date was the door latch in the passenger door. This year it will be a bit more expensive, needing front brakes and that's it (in a way it isn't bad, this will be the first time the car has got brakes since it drove off the lot in 2006 - I'm not the original owner but Mercedes checked no brake job whatsoever). I don't think I could ever trade my baby, if it dies one day then it will become a nice driveway ornament till I got around to fixing it :)Brit, Mathieu and Marty Car :D