Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MightyMouseTech

Installing Euro Sidemarkers

6 posts in this topic

So, was in a bit of a fender bender which will require the replacement of all the front body panels. So one of the things I am thinking of doing at this time is installing the Euro front sidemarkers as the new panels do not come predrilled for the Canadian side markers, but the Euro ones, so it would be simple to do, and the body shop would not have to modify the stock panels then. Does anybody know if they use the same electrical connectors or if any further mods are required?

Was thinking of getting these:

http://www.smart-parts-direct.com/acatalog/info_297.html

Posted Image

The connectors are totally different,. You will need a "repair harness" for each side, Eddy sells them.

They are just side repeaters in Europe (for the indicators) we don't have side marker lights on anything shorter than a long wheel base van.......unless e owner fits them!

I have some spare orange euro side markers that I don't need any more (Got some clear ones). Some of that tint spray that people use on their turn signals to black them out could make them look similar.As for actual bulb holders, I used the ones out of the Canadian rear fender pods, and some modification, and they fit into the side marker spots. I've got them off of the car right now, since I'm in green mode for the winter.

Got stuff collecting dust? We have a new category - Yee Old Karma Trading Post - help out another smartie - maybe trade maybe just to collect karma points - up to you!

Give the bulb contacts a dab of grease on the euro-markers - save you some hassles latter on.

Cheers,

Cameron