Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rognoncru

''Bazooka'' type, tube subwoofer

4 posts in this topic

Hello! I installed a bazooka type subwoofer. The tube was in my previous car and worked fine. It is installed the same way in my smart but there is a problem. The sound system works fine until I shut everything off. When I restart the car or turn the radio on again, there is no sound at all from the speakers or the sub. I have reviewed all connections three times and all is good. (left, right, positive, negative etc...) If I unplug the wires at the sub, (sound feed from speakers) sound comes back and I can replug the wires to the sub. Everything works t'ill I shut the radio off again. The easy fix would be adding a switch on the speaker line but I wonder if i'm missing something. Help anyone? Links, suggestions?Thanks.

Are you using the stock deck? (oh 451... ..likely a similar animal to the 450)Do you have both speaker connections plugged into the sub amp?The speaker outputs on the stock deck are different than what I am used to. There is no common point between them, and having both connected might be causing some issue. You could try just having a left or right lead connected.

Are you using the stock deck? (oh 451... ..likely a similar animal to the 450)Do you have both speaker connections plugged into the sub amp?The speaker outputs on the stock deck are different than what I am used to. There is no common point between them, and having both connected might be causing some issue. You could try just having a left or right lead connected.

Ok thanks i'll try that

I just had Future Shop hook up my JLAudio Stealthbox and a Pioneer Amp to the stock radio 10 and everything works great. He unhooked the stock sub and used the plug for the signal to the new sub. They charged $100 to install, money well spent after seeing them install the sub under the dashJohn