Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smartzuum

Do you have a 2008 or newer smart? Especially 2008.

11 posts in this topic

I was surprised just how much warranty work was performed by Three Point Motors in Victoria when i had my 2008 pure in for servicing and a few complaints.Many items had been overlooked at a previous dealer servicing in the Lower Mainland: higher amp battery, replacement of shifter, update to AC, 2-3 other software items covered by technical bulletins...My car drives so much better now.If you have a 2008+ smart 451, it may be worthwhile to see about getting it serviced on the island to make sure everything is done.

I have a 2009 passion and have only been in to MB for it,s 15000km service. I assume that they did any updates were done but nothing was mentioned

Don't assume! There are enormous differences in service quality between different dealerships. I have heard nothing but good about Three Point in Victoria, and the three dealers I have had work done at in Vancouver were all sub-par, with Richmond being atrocious. There, I said it! Richmond was terrible.I still think Flying Tiger is the best, other than not being able to perform warranty repairs, but as I'm long past those days...

I assume that they did any updates were done but nothing was mentioned

See if anything appears on the work order. There were "no service campaigns" when my 2009 was serviced last fall.

I was surprised just how much warranty work was performed by Three Point Motors in Victoria when i had my 2008 pure in for servicing and a few complaints.Many items had been overlooked at a previous dealer servicing in the Lower Mainland: higher amp battery, replacement of shifter, update to AC, 2-3 other software items covered by technical bulletins...My car drives so much better now.If you have a 2008+ smart 451, it may be worthwhile to see about getting it serviced on the island to make sure everything is done.

Would you might listing each of the items they did along with any reference #, or put up a scan of your your invoice [with all personal info blocked e.g. vin, name etc]? I just had my 2009 in and wouldn't mind checking with the service tech about these items. I had done that in the past with my 450 and found there would have been a whole bunch of work NOT done if I hadn't of asked.thanks

This is very good to hear about three point. I just bought a 2008 from the dealership and from what they told me, they did do a full servicing before selling it as smart certified. Not exactly what that means, but they did miss a few things (like the headlights now working) so hopefully they will fix them for me

The car should be made to be perfect if it's smart certified. Did you get the two year extended warranty? Many of these smart certified cars did, like red pxl's 2006 BRABUS convertible as well as my 2006 BRABUS convertible.

thanks for the tip... so is there one in the GVRD you would recommend? not even N.Van?thx

Don't assume! There are enormous differences in service quality between different dealerships. I have heard nothing but good about Three Point in Victoria, and the three dealers I have had work done at in Vancouver were all sub-par, with Richmond being atrocious. There, I said it! Richmond was terrible.I still think Flying Tiger is the best, other than not being able to perform warranty repairs, but as I'm long past those days...

I had good luck at North Van although I did know what was to be done etc...The one thing they did for me that they didn't have to was, to change the fuel filter for just the cost of the filter element after my B50 tallow based Bio gelledduring a sudden cold snap several years ago...

The car should be made to be perfect if it's smart certified. Did you get the two year extended warranty? Many of these smart certified cars did, like red pxl's 2006 BRABUS convertible as well as my 2006 BRABUS convertible.

I did get the extended. I was finally able to talk to the salesperson I had worked with and he said that they will give it a new check when they change the lights. I did not have to give them heck either. When I was dealing with GM they made issues over everything!