Followers 0
Shirl

3rd Annual Mystery Run

188 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone. You asked for it......it's on again.. :D

"Calling to all Smart Car Owners One and All"

The Third Annual Mystery Run...

This year it will be Saturday July 9th,

Greet and Meet will be start around 10:00am (for those who like to be early, I will be there for 9:30am)

Meet at the Tim Hortons at the corner of Hwy 5 and Hwy 6 (Clappison Corners) Waterdown.

Free coffee will be set up in the back of the van. (Okay, there will be donuts for the sugar feinds like me)

Start of the Rally will be 11:00 am

Cost will be $10.00 per person

Have some fun things planned already for this years events.

50/50 draw. The take was pretty good last year

Draw for prizes at the end of the day. Lots and lots again this year. JUST CAN'T TELL YOU WHAT THEY ARE...

Tickets will be handed out for a chance to win the prizes being supplied by numerious companies. (very excited that so many wanted to be involved this year)

we are looking forward to seeing

everybody

So be sure to sign up.

Bill and I can be reached at 905-777-8795 if you have any questions.

1) Titan -- Shirl and Bill

2) Tigre -- Amy

3) Tony

4) AdelaideJ--Elaine & John

5) Leadwing & Spike -- Ron & Dot

6) Britsmart -- Britney

7) jwight -- John

8) cadillacman -- Bill

9) William

10) Smart_fan -- Laura

11) John & Nell

12) Jay & Tracey

13) Bumble Bee - Jay & Barb

14) Jp

15) "mike" & lorne

16) Christine and passenger

17) yyzboyz and John

18) adele2cats

19) Terry & Mark

20) FlossyTheSmart - Max

Edited by Shirl

1) Titan - Shirl and Bill2) Tigre - Amy3) Tony4) AdelaideJ--Elaine & John 5) Leadwing & Spike -- Ron & Dot

1) Titan -- Shirl and Bill2) Tigre -- Amy3) Tony4) AdelaideJ--Elaine & John 5) Leadwing & Spike -- Ron & Dot 6) Britsmart -- Britney

Couple of questions:- Any chance of one of Steve Plunkett's small shows close to this date?- Looks like his big show is the first weekend in June - anybody going to that one?For now, I'll plan on being there on July 9th! :)

- Any chance of one of Steve Plunkett's small shows close to this date?- Looks like his big show is the first weekend in June - anybody going to that one?

I plan on going to several this year. That one is on my list to attend. Since I have a variety of weird or different vehicles, the smarts may not be going to all of them, but I will certainly bring one of them to that event. I have several vintage competition motorcycles that haven't been shown in several years.Ron :bike:

1) Titan -- Shirl and Bill2) Tigre -- Amy3) Tony4) AdelaideJ--Elaine & John 5) Leadwing & Spike -- Ron & Dot 6) Britsmart -- Britney7) jwight

1) Titan -- Shirl and Bill2) Tigre -- Amy3) Tony4) AdelaideJ--Elaine & John5) Leadwing & Spike -- Ron & Dot6) Britsmart -- Britney7) jwight8) cadillacman -- Bill 9) William

Hello Everyone. You asked for it......it's on again.. :D The Third Annual Mystery Run...

What and where is this? From the people who've signed up I'm guessing it's some sort of regional event? Not a "general discussion" event? ;)

What and where is this? From the people who've signed up I'm guessing it's some sort of regional event? Not a "general discussion" event? ;)

Last year it was in Hamilton, super fun :D I highly encourage you to join up :)Brit, Mathieu and Marty Car :D

:lol: Total N00B Here. 1. What is a mystery run? (Please tell me it doesn't involve actual running:)2. How far is Hamilton from Ottawa? (as the Smart flies?)3. Does my "team", using that term very loosely, need a Catchy Name? Do I need a Navigator or a Flight Engineer? Thanks!Laura

Howdy everyoneI know that we usually add a little information as we go along, but for those who have never partaked in our little outing before, the start of the rally this year will be in the area of Waterdown Ontario. You won't need a navagator, but having one along makes it all the more fun. I can't tell you much more than that right now....okay..I will admit it. I WON'T tell you much more than that right now. :P Have to keep it a mystery you know....Will update more soon. Take careShirl

1) Titan -- Shirl and Bill2) Tigre -- Amy3) Tony4) AdelaideJ--Elaine & John5) Leadwing & Spike -- Ron & Dot6) Britsmart -- Britney7) jwight-John8) cadillacman -- Bill 9) William

1) Titan -- Shirl and Bill2) Tigre -- Amy3) Tony4) AdelaideJ--Elaine & John5) Leadwing & Spike -- Ron & Dot6) Britsmart -- Britney7) jwight-John8) cadillacman -- Bill9) William 10) Smart_fan -- Laura and Chris

Edited by smart_fan

:lol: Total N00B Here.

1. What is a mystery run? (Please tell me it doesn't involve actual running:)

2. How far is Hamilton from Ottawa? (as the Smart flies?)

3. Does my "team", using that term very loosely, need a Catchy Name? Do I need a Navigator or a Flight Engineer?

Thanks!

Laura

Total N00B Here.

Not to worry. There is no such thing as a silly question when you honestly don't know the answer. The only way to find out is to ask ;)(step one is now complete)

1. In this case, a mystery run is a tour of the local south-western Ontario region which might include the Niagara area.(destination unknown to all but the organizer). No, you don't have to physically 'run'.The lead car will take off from it's starting point in Waterdown and the rest of us follow and take in the wonderful sights of the tour.

2. The city of Hamilton is about 518 kms. from Ottawa (source = http://map.hamilton.ca/maphamilton/S_Files/DistChart.aspx ) Travel time at legal speed limits is approximately 6 hours. (I did the same type of trip 2 weeks ago from London, Ontario to Berlin, Ohio (round trip of approx. 1,100 kms but the roads here are smoother and less confusing)

3. I don't see any reason why you can't have a team name if you wish, but I'm sure it isn't needed.

All things I have mentioned above as a reply to your questions is subject to Shirl checking my post and possibly correcting me. ;)I am not the organizer, but I did participate last year, and it was well worth the trip. Travelling most of the way to the event on hwy 401 will take a lot of stress off the driver (unless you don't like driving on the 401) :huh:

Ron :bike:

Laura, it is well worth the journey, I had great fun last year :) This year I will be riding solo unless my boyfriend gets out of basic training soon :DBrit, Mathieu and Marty Car :D

Boy do you guys ever rock. No need for me to add a thing. just reading what everyone writes about the other Mystery Runs, just encourages me even more to ensure you all enjoy this years run.And I believe all who sign up will enjoy themselves. Can't wait for everyone to see what is in store for them this year LOLAll questions welcome (however if it is pertaining to where or what is in store for the run, I will have to say sorry as my lips are sealed).Team names are welcome but as Ron says, you don't really need them. It is a follow the leader type day, so you kick back and relax and go where the Smart Car goes.If you are running solo and would like a passenger to share the day with, be sure to let me know. We have people who would love to own one of our little darlings but have not yet got to that point or someone may have an extra friend that would like to tag along.So if you are going to run solo let me know. Will be posting more soon on the Mystery Run so be sure to check back.Take care, drive safe.Shirl

Shirl, I'll probably have an open seat. Also, have you thought about posting the run in the Events section on smartusainsider.com?

Hi there,I am sneaking on to here while at work :blink: I will defintely post to the other sites this weekend. I just do not have the time when I am here at the moment. Have a big hiring crunch on for AZ drivers so I am on the go...sigh.I will let people know there will be some avaible seats for ride along, thats great. And I will for sure post to the US sites. :)Take care, drive safeShirl

1) Titan -- Shirl and Bill2) Tigre -- Amy3) Tony4) AdelaideJ--Elaine & John5) Leadwing & Spike -- Ron & Dot6) Britsmart -- Britney7) jwight-John8) cadillacman -- Bill9) William 10) Smart_fan -- Laura11) John & Nell

Noobies here. We'd love to take our Smart on an adventure :race: 1) Titan -- Shirl and Bill2) Tigre -- Amy3) Tony4) AdelaideJ--Elaine & John5) Leadwing & Spike -- Ron & Dot6) Britsmart -- Britney7) jwight-John8) cadillacman -- Bill9) William 10) Smart_fan -- Laura11) John & Nell12) Jay & Tracey

Hi John,I am pending approval for membership, will post the event if and when I am approved. Take careShirlquote name='jwight' date='Apr 14 2011 - 09:03 AM' post='281722']Shirl, I'll probably have an open seat. Also, have you thought about posting the run in the Events section on smartusainsider.com?

Hi John, I have not heard back from them so if you would like to go ahead and post about the Mystery Run that would be great. Any help is appreciated. :D Take careShirll