Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shirl

3rd Annual Mystery Run

188 posts in this topic

1) Titan -- Shirl and Bill2) Tigre -- Amy3) Tony4) AdelaideJ--Elaine & John5) Leadwing & Spike -- Ron & Dot6) Britsmart -- Britney7) jwight-John8) cadillacman -- Bill9) William 10) Smart_fan -- Laura11) John & Nell12) Jay & Tracey 13) Bumble Bee--Jay and Barb

1) Titan -- Shirl and Bill2) Tigre -- Amy3) Tony4) AdelaideJ--Elaine & John5) Leadwing & Spike -- Ron & Dot6) Britsmart -- Britney7) jwight-John8) cadillacman -- Bill9) William 10) Smart_fan -- Laura11) John & Nell12) Jay & Tracey 13) Bumble Bee--Jay and Barb14) jp15) "mike" & lorne

Hello Everyone. You asked for it......it's on again..

"Calling to all Smart Car Owners One and All"

The Third Annual Mystery Run...

This year it will be Saturday July 9th,

Greet and Meet will be start around 10:00am (for those who like to be early, I will be there for 9:30am)

Meet at the Tim Hortons at the corner of Hwy 5 and Hwy 6 (Clappison Corners) Waterdown.

Free coffee will be set up in the back of the van. (Okay, there will be donuts for the sugar feinds like me)

Start of the Rally will be 11:00 am

Cost will be $10.00 per person

Have some fun things planned already for this years events, JUST CAN'T TELL YOU WHAT THEY ARE...

50/50 draw (the take was a pretty good last year)

Tickets will be handed out for a chance to win some prizes being supplied by numerious companies. (very excited that so many wanted to be involved this year)

we are looking forward to seeing

everybody. So be sure to sign up.

1) Titan -- Shirl and Bill

2) Tigre -- Amy

3) Tony

4) AdelaideJ--Elaine & John

5) Leadwing & Spike -- Ron & Dot

6) Britsmart -- Britney

7) jwight-John

8) cadillacman -- Bill

9) William

10) Smart_fan -- Laura

11) John & Nell

12) Jay & Tracey

13) Bumble Bee - Jay & Barb

14) Jp

15) "mike" & lorne

16) Christine and passenger

Edited by Shirl

Hello Everyone. You asked for it......it's on again.. "Calling to all Smart Car Owners One and All"The Third Annual Mystery Run...This year it will be Saturday July 9th,Greet and Meet will be start around 10:00am (for those who like to be early, I will be there for 9:30am)Meet at the Tim Hortons at the corner of Hwy 5 and Hwy 6 (Clappison Corners) Waterdown. Free coffee will be set up in the back of the van. (Okay, there will be donuts for the sugar feinds like me)Start of the Rally will be 11:00 amCost will be $10.00 per personHave some fun things planned already for this years events, JUST CAN'T TELL YOU WHAT THEY ARE...50/50 draw (the take was a pretty good last year)Tickets will be handed out for a chance to win some prizes being supplied by numerious companies. (very excited that so many wanted to be involved this year)we are looking forward to seeing everybody. So be sure to sign up.I am new to Club smart car and just bought my 2006 Passion cdi ( I call it Red Rocket) a couple of weeks ago. I would love to meet other smart owners and this sounds like a great deal of fun!1) Titan -- Shirl and Bill2) Tigre -- Amy3) Tony4) AdelaideJ--Elaine & John5) Leadwing & Spike -- Ron & Dot6) Britsmart -- Britney7) jwight-John8) cadillacman -- Bill9) William 10) Smart_fan -- Laura11) John & Nell12) Jay & Tracey 13) Bumble Bee - Jay & Barb14) Jp15) "mike" & lorne16) Christine and passenger17) yyzboyz and John

I did a Google Earth Street view of that TimHortons ... BIGThere's a PetroCan next door, but can you confirm whether it has DIESEL ? Looks like it does ... separate pump off to the corner ?

Yes. That PetroCan does have DIESEL.Jake Edited by Tardis

Hi there Tardis, Thanks for answering about the deisel. As well if you stop first for fuel, there is a lane way to go through to the Tim Horton's so that you do not have to go back out onto the highway. Take Care, Drive SafeShirl

Count me in-I've made hotel reservatons .The "wee car" is ready to vist a new country :D .

1) Titan -- Shirl and Bill2) Tigre -- Amy3) Tony4) AdelaideJ--Elaine & John5) Leadwing & Spike -- Ron & Dot6) Britsmart -- Britney7) jwight -- John8) cadillacman -- Bill9) William10) Smart_fan -- Laura11) John & Nell12) Jay & Tracey13) Bumble Bee - Jay & Barb14) Jp15) "mike" & lorne16) Christine and passenger17) yyzboyz and John 18) adele2cats Edited by jwight

1) Titan -- Shirl and Bill2) Tigre -- Amy3) Tony4) AdelaideJ--Elaine & John5) Leadwing & Spike -- Ron & Dot6) Britsmart -- Britney7) jwight -- John8) cadillacman -- Bill9) William10) Smart_fan -- Laura11) John & Nell12) Jay & Tracey13) Bumble Bee - Jay & Barb14) Jp15) "mike" & lorne16) Christine and passenger17) yyzboyz and John 18) adele2cats 19) Terry & Mark

I'm currently planning on attending too:1) Titan -- Shirl and Bill2) Tigre -- Amy3) Tony4) AdelaideJ--Elaine & John5) Leadwing & Spike -- Ron & Dot6) Britsmart -- Britney7) jwight -- John8) cadillacman -- Bill9) William10) Smart_fan -- Laura11) John & Nell12) Jay & Tracey13) Bumble Bee - Jay & Barb14) Jp15) "mike" & lorne16) Christine and passenger17) yyzboyz and John18) adele2cats19) Terry & Mark20) FlossyTheSmart - Max

Hello Everyone. You asked for it......it's on again.. "Calling to all Smart Car Owners One and All"The Third Annual Mystery Run...This year it will be Saturday July 9th,Greet and Meet will be start around 10:00am (for those who like to be early, I will be there for 9:30am)Meet at the Tim Hortons at the corner of Hwy 5 and Hwy 6 (Clappison Corners) Waterdown. Free coffee will be set up in the back of the van. (Okay, there will be donuts for the sugar feinds like me)Start of the Rally will be 11:00 amCost will be $10.00 per personHave some fun things planned already for this years events, JUST CAN'T TELL YOU WHAT THEY ARE...50/50 draw (the take was a pretty good last year)Tickets will be handed out for a chance to win some prizes being supplied by numerious companies. (very excited that so many wanted to be involved this year)We are looking forward to seeing everybody. So be sure to sign up.For those who are coming from out of town and across the border, PM me if you are staying over night. We are going to set up a little something for our distant travelers :D 1) Titan -- Shirl and Bill2) Tigre -- Amy3) Tony4) AdelaideJ--Elaine & John5) Leadwing & Spike -- Ron & Dot6) Britsmart -- Britney7) jwight-John8) cadillacman -- Bill9) William 10) Smart_fan -- Laura11) John & Nell12) Jay & Tracey 13) Bumble Bee - Jay & Barb14) Jp15) "mike" & lorne16) Christine and passenger17) yyzboyz and John 18) adele2cats19) Terry & Mark20) FlossyTheSmart - Max

Edited by Shirl

Add us to the list ...1) Titan -- Shirl and Bill2) Tigre -- Amy3) Tony4) AdelaideJ--Elaine & John5) Leadwing & Spike -- Ron & Dot6) Britsmart -- Britney7) jwight-John8) cadillacman -- Bill9) William 10) Smart_fan -- Laura11) John & Nell12) Jay & Tracey 13) Bumble Bee - Jay & Barb14) Jp15) "mike" & lorne16) Christine and passenger17) yyzboyz and John 18) adele2cats19) Terry & Mark20) FlossyTheSmart - Max 21) Tom & Sherry - IGTSMRT

Anyone have any motel suggestions for the out-of-towners? Looking for something on the Waterdown side of town, cheap (of course!) and clean. Thanks in advance! :)

Anyone have any motel suggestions for the out-of-towners? Looking for something on the Waterdown side of town, cheap (of course!) and clean. Thanks in advance! :)

Being Flippant, I have to say, "What???? you aren't going to sleep in the car? LOL :P

Can someone please give jwight an answer? Time is running out and he is coming from quite a long way away. I can't help since I am over an hour away from the Waterdown starting point and have very little knowledge of the hotel/motel situation in that area.

There must be someone near Hamilton who can help.

Best answer I can give you jwight is check www.hotwire.com it gives you discounted rooms, only thing is you don't know what hotel your getting (Holiday Inn, Days inn etc.) I did a search and found one for $72 a night and it's in Hamilton and it's 2 1/2 stars, so it's where you want to be :) Never had a problem with that site and their hotels, I use them all the time when I go away :)Brit, Mathieu and marty car :D

Hi, sorry for the delay. I have not had the internet as I moved my boat around so I have been delayed in repsonding. There is the Admiral Inn · (289) 799-0373149 Dundurn St N · Hamilton It is 6 minutes from the Tim Hortons and close to everything. They are decent priced.Let me know how that works for you. if not let me know and I will see what else I can come up with.Take careShirl

Posted (edited) · Report post

Being Flippant, I have to say, "What???? you aren't going to sleep in the car? LOL :P

Equally flippant - YGBSM! I gave up sleeping in the car many years ago.

Best answer I can give you jwight is check www.hotwire.com it gives you discounted rooms, only thing is you don't know what hotel your getting (Holiday Inn, Days inn etc.) I did a search and found one for $72 a night and it's in Hamilton and it's 2 1/2 stars, so it's where you want to be :) Never had a problem with that site and their hotels, I use them all the time when I go away :)Brit, Mathieu and marty car :D

Thanks - I've used Hotwire many times, will see what they come up with.

Hi, sorry for the delay. I have not had the internet as I moved my boat around so I have been delayed in repsonding. There is the Admiral Inn · (289) 799-0373149 Dundurn St N · Hamilton It is 6 minutes from the Tim Hortons and close to everything. They are decent priced.Let me know how that works for you. if not let me know and I will see what else I can come up with.Take careShirl

Thanks - will investigate this one also. Appreciate the replies. :) Edited by jwight

So be sure to sign up.Bill and I can be reached at 905-777-8795 if you have any questions.1) Titan -- Shirl and Bill2) Tigre -- Amy3) Tony4) AdelaideJ--Elaine & John5) Leadwing & Spike -- Ron & Dot6) Britsmart -- Britney7) jwight -- John8) cadillacman -- Bill9) William10) Smart_fan -- Laura11) John & Nell12) Jay & Tracey13) Bumble Bee - Jay & Barb14) Jp15) "mike" & lorne16) Christine and passenger17) yyzboyz and John 18) adele2cats 19) Terry & Mark20) FlossyTheSmart - Max21) CSMARTGO - Anne & John

The lead car will take off from it's starting point in Waterdown and the rest of us follow and take in the wonderful sights of the tour.

So it's a big game of follow-the-leader in our cars? Sounds pretty cool!How long does the whole thing usually take? (read: how much gas would I need to budget for?)

So it's a big game of follow-the-leader in our cars? Sounds pretty cool!

How long does the whole thing usually take? (read: how much gas would I need to budget for?)

Since you are in Guelph, simply start with a full tank. It will take you through the whole thing with lots to spare (unless you are getting really crappy mileage. We (Spike and I) started from London and did the whole thing without refuelling and had loads to spare when we got home.

Ron :bike:

Hi thereLeadwing is right. I always start with a full tank for the run and have always got lots left. If anyone needs to stop, we will be passing a station or two.Take care and drive safe.Shirl

1) Titan -- Shirl and Bill2) Tigre -- Amy3) Tony4) AdelaideJ--Elaine & John5) Leadwing & Spike -- Ron & Dot6) Britsmart -- Britney7) jwight -- John8) cadillacman -- Bill9) William10) Smart_fan -- Laura11) John & Nell12) Jay & Tracey13) Bumble Bee - Jay & Barb14) Jp15) "mike" & lorne16) Christine and passenger17) yyzboyz and John 18) adele2cats 19) Terry & Mark20) FlossyTheSmart - Max21) CSMARTGO - Anne & John22) IGTSMRT- Tom & Sherry