Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
centurion

Advance Warning - Drive to "MICRO NORTH"

6 posts in this topic

Greetings Ottawa and Gatineau area smarties, I plan to attend “Micro North” June 17-18-19, 2011. (This is 15 Km from Orillia , ON)

http://www.microcar.org/micronorth/

I intend to depart “Greenbank Square Shopping Center” on Greenbank Road, just North of Hunt Club. (You will find me by the Tim Hortons) 2009 Passion Blue and Silver Depart 7:30 AM, Friday 17 June.

Route: Hw417 /17 Arnprior, Renfrew, Hw132 Dacre, Hw41 Denbigh, Hw28 Bancroft, (possible Lunch) Hw28 & Hw118 Tory Hill, Rte503 Kinmont, Cr45 to Orillia, Hw12 to Cr 19 to Coldwater.

Note: This event is a camp out, be prepared to tent it.

Don’t bother to sign up, If you are there, we go at 7:30 AM sharp. Friday 17 June. If not, see you there.

If you decide to go, carry a cell phone, we can exchange numbers and keep in touch en route.

Went to this event last year and was quite a treat, only stayed the Saturday but to see so many unusual vehicles was fantastic. Hopefully I can make it this year, I was thinking instead of a tent, I may attempt to use my small size and the smart and turn my smart into the Marty Camper :DBrit, Mathieu and Marty Car :D

Went to this event last year and was quite a treat, only stayed the Saturday but to see so many unusual vehicles was fantastic. Hopefully I can make it this year, I was thinking instead of a tent, I may attempt to use my small size and the smart and turn my smart into the Marty Camper :DBrit, Mathieu and Marty Car :D

Good luck. See you there.

@ Brit, Let me know how the "MartyCamper" works out. I've been thinking along the same lines, but haven't had an excuse to test this! I'll be in BC bonding with a new grandchild, so I'll have to miss this event, but hope to meet up with some or all of you eventually!

Posted (edited) · Report post

Sorry, don't know how to delete "extra" post :huh: Edited by smart_fan

Veni, Vidi, Velcrow. (I came, I saw, I stuck around.) Great event, magnificent display of restored micro cars, including five smart cars. This included a visit by the "Amphi-car" club. Well worth the trip. I intend to do it again next year. :rolleyes: