Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ykcor

Wheels...tires?

4 posts in this topic

Sorry, surely this is covered, but I cannot find it (I looked extensively too).I need summers, and want rims.What size of tires will fit the oem rims.....can I go a litttle wider, or am I running a risk of buying tires that will not fit the rims?If I buy new rims, should I buy a little wider, I do find my car greatly understeers in low speed cornering (have not pushed the high speed yet). Also, are 16 or 17 inch tires perhaps cheaper due to more availability??Experience taught me on my tercel that wider tires made a huge difference on windy days (not to mention sharp corners)I live in PEI, having trouble finding an outlet for tires and rims here...If I mail order.....any suggestions?Also, do rims from all years fit, or am I stuck to a certain range for my 2006??ThanksRocky

Edited by Ykcor

You can safely put 155s on the front of the car.....to go wider, count on getting new wheels. I have wider ones on both of my cars.

I bought a set of Roadster rims from Flying Tiger with Vredstein 3 season tires 175/55 r15 front & 195/50 r15 rears already mounted,I still use winter tires on stock oem rims for the really cold weather though....

For summer I have a set of front Roadster steel rims paired with OE steel rears shod in 175/55R15 Hankook Ventus H105. A fairly economical setup for improved handling.