Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
passionateaboutRUBY

450 High Brake Light (5 bulbs)

4 posts in this topic

One bulb was dead and they aren't listed in the manual, so I took the ass'y apart to get a bulb out; everything went back together and worked for a week. I bought 5 replacements from the dealer. Today I put the bulbs into the ass'y, then tried to re-install it. Somehow I must've loosened the female contact inside the housing on top of the rear window; I couldn't get the two contact prongs of the light assembly to stick to anything, and of course there's no power to the light. So: has anyone taken the housing apart at top of rear window; is there anything I need to watch for? Has anyone had this problem with the contacts for the high brake light?

Hi there,Did you manage to get this fixed?If so how?I have one light burnt out and was wondering if you had the MB part number.Thanks2seat

One bulb was dead and they aren't listed in the manual, so I took the ass'y apart to get a bulb out; everything went back together and worked for a week. I bought 5 replacements from the dealer. Today I put the bulbs into the ass'y, then tried to re-install it. Somehow I must've loosened the female contact inside the housing on top of the rear window; I couldn't get the two contact prongs of the light assembly to stick to anything, and of course there's no power to the light. So: has anyone taken the housing apart at top of rear window; is there anything I need to watch for? Has anyone had this problem with the contacts for the high brake light?

Here's a link that should help you...http://www.evilution.co.uk/index.php?id=354If you want a working high level light cheap, I have one availableas I changed ours to an LED version.

Thanks for the link.I found it right after I had posted!I'll try to replace the bulb as I think I have some around but I'll bear your offer in mind in case I bust anything.Thanks again2seat