Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smart450

Reluctor Ring part number

5 posts in this topic

:rolleyes:Hi again. Have read all your comments, but several friends that also have 450 pre-2008 say that the ABS/EMP lights malfunction is caused probably by a broken or possiblility loose reluctor ring. What I would like to do is purchase 2 of these rings, but in order to do so, I need a part number, especially if I want to order them from Smart Madness in Signal Hill, CA. Smartmods also says it is common for the ABS reluctor rings to fall on the drive shafts. Seems to be a common problem, as the rings are made from inferior metals.

I know Smartmods in the UK has the rings at a cost of 25 pounds each, which in US is probably almost $50.00, I think I can get them at a better price from Smart Madness. I know Evilution has a full run down on how to replace them, and my mechanic Gary will do the work. I'm not sure I want to be messing with pins in the connector area. If anyone out there has ever ordered reluctor rings and might have a part number, I'd greatly appreciate it, if you could let me know.

Thanks Smart guys

Mercedes will only sell the complete axles, not just the rings alone; there is no part number in the system. If smartmadness offers the rings for the 450, there is no need for a part number. smartmods sells them, and they give great service.

:rolleyes: Thanks samguy. Thanks for the info. I really don't want to buy the whole axle. I know from checking online with Evilution you can just replace the rings along. I just called Smart car of Sacramento. Man I hate auto phones. Their recording says the parts department is open from 8am to 6pm Mon through Sat. but when I call I keep getting the damn recording. Makes me mad. I know Smartmods had them for 25 pounds each, but if possible I'd like to get them here, either at Smart Sacramento, or Smart Madness. Smart Madness however says they need a part number before they can order, crazy Huh. Might try sending the parts guy I know there a pic. of the rings to see if he can help. Man hate jumping through all these hoops for something. Anyway thanks for your input.

Try Fast Eddy (His name on the site here) of Flying Tiger - he usually has the rings in stock and is a short Fed-Ex delivery distance away (Vancouver BC). Cheers,Cameron

Look at the Self-promotion forum. There is a good discussion of the subject.