Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smartnhappy

Cruizin - Thursday July 07th at the Plunkett Estate

46 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

It's time for our annual visit to the Hyde Park Lions Club 'Cruizin' at Steve Plunkett's estate in west London Ontario.

We've been cordially invited by the Lions Club to display our Smart Cars at their weekly charity show-n-shine.

Once again I've made the reservation and arranged for our cars to ring the large pond, as in years past.

The core group can meet up in Lambeth at the Foodland parking lot between 5 and 5:30 (same as last year), and we all can leave together.

Burgers, hot dogs, etc are available as fundraiser. Admission is by donation.

Look forward to a pleasant evening, for a good cause.

Sign-up List

1. Bill (smartnhappy)

Edited by smart142

Sign-up List1. Bill (smartnhappy)2. Liz & Glenn (Lilbit, smart142)3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10.

Remind me how to add myself to these lists.But I will be there, assuming Mercedes fixes the damn car.Ian

Sign-up List1. Bill (smartnhappy)2. Liz & Glenn (Lilbit, smart142)3. John (jwight)4.5.6.7.8.9.10.

Sign-up List1. Bill (smartnhappy)2. Liz & Glenn (Lilbit, smart142)3. John (jwight)4. Ken (KKSMART05)5.6.7.8.9.10.

Edited by KKSMART05

Remind me how to add myself to these lists.But I will be there, assuming Mercedes fixes the damn car.Ian

I found the easiest way is to copy from the words "sign in" to the last number on the list, then paste it into the text box where you type your responses, then simply add your name to that list.Sign-up List1. Bill (smartnhappy)2. Liz & Glenn (Lilbit, smart142)3. John (jwight)4. Ken (KKSMART05)5. Dot & Ron (Spike, Leadwing)6.7.8.9.10.

Sign-up List1. Bill (smartnhappy)2. Liz & Glenn (Lilbit, smart142)3. John (jwight)4. Ken (KKSMART05)5. Dot & Ron (Spike, Leadwing)6. Ian Jay7.8.9.10

Sign-up List1. Bill (smartnhappy)2. Liz & Glenn (Lilbit, smart142)3. John (jwight)4. Ken (KKSMART05)5. Dot & Ron (Spike, Leadwing)6. Ian Jay7.James & Dawn8.9.10

Good news... Danny might be there, with his 3rd Smart!! Yes, he totalled another one. You can get details from him on Thursday.It's also good to see Glenn's got Gina back in form for public functions.BTW - I'll have the Canada1 Smart car at the event if the whole thing isn't cancelled due to bad weather, like the last 2 Thursdays.Sign-up List1. Bill (smartnhappy) with the Canada1 Smart car2. Liz & Glenn (Lilbit, smart142)3. John (jwight)4. Ken (KKSMART05)5. Dot & Ron (Spike, Leadwing)6. Ian Jay7. James & Dawn8. Danny9.10.11.12.13.14.15.

Sign-up List1. Bill (smartnhappy) with the Canada1 Smart car2. Liz & Glenn (Lilbit, smart142)3. John (jwight)4. Ken (KKSMART05)5. Dot & Ron (Spike, Leadwing)6. Ian Jay7. James & Dawn8. Danny9. Gordon (driving CHOCULA)10.11.12.13.14.15.

Sign-up List1. Bill (smartnhappy) with the Canada1 Smart car2. Liz & Glenn (Lilbit, smart142)3. John (jwight)4. Ken (KKSMART05)5. Dot & Ron (Spike, Leadwing)6. Ian Jay7. James & Dawn8. Danny9. Gordon (driving CHOCULA)10. Dave & Lu (TANK)11.12.13.14.15.

It appears the weather gods are planning to smile down on next Thursday, at least as of tonight.

It looks like great weather all week, to give everybody the chance to polish up their Smarts for Thursday's 'cruizin'.

I hope everyone plans to come. It'll make for an impressive Smart car display around the lake (excellent photo op).

I'm trying to arrange for a Smart club tour of Steve Plunkett's private car collection. I'll post confirmation if I'm successful.

Bring your hunger for BBQ'd burgers and hot dogs, and plan to enter and win the charity 50/50 draw.

It's all for a good cause, through the Hyde Park Lions Club.

Thursday's forecast is sunny with a high of 27°C.

Sunny weather forecast for almost every day next week.

Possible rain (only 30%) for tomorrow, Saturday, then nothing but sun!

Let's all hope they're right this time.

Sign-up List

1. Bill (smartnhappy) with the Canada1 Smart car

2. Liz & Glenn (Lilbit, smart142)

3. John (jwight)

4. Ken (KKSMART05)

5. Dot & Ron (Spike, Leadwing)

6. Ian Jay

7. James & Dawn

8. Danny

9. Gordon (driving CHOCULA)

10. Dave & Lu (TANK)

Edited by smartnhappy

It appears the weather gods are planning to smile down on next Thursday, at least as of tonight.It looks like great weather all week, to give everybody the chance to polish up their Smarts for Thursday's 'cruizin'.I hope everyone plans to come. It'll make for an impressive Smart car display around the lake (excellent photo op).I'm trying to arrange for a Smart club tour of Steve Plunkett's private car collection. I'll post confirmation if I'm successful.Bring your hunger for BBQ'd burgers and hot dogs, and plan to enter and win the charity 50/50 draw.It's all for a good cause, through the Hyde Park Lions Club.Thursday's forecast is sunny with a high of 27°C.Sunny weather forecast for almost every day next week. Possible rain (only 30%) for tomorrow, Saturday, then nothing but sun!Let's all hope they're right this time.Sign-up List1. Bill (smartnhappy) with the Canada1 Smart car2. Liz & Glenn (Lilbit, smart142)3. John (jwight)4. Ken (KKSMART05)5. Dot & Ron (Spike, Leadwing)6. Ian Jay7. James & Dawn8. Danny9. Gordon (driving CHOCULA)10. Dave & Lu (TANK)11. Terry & Phyllis (smarting) 12.13.14.15.16.17.18.19.20.

Sign-up List

3. John (jwight)

4. Ken (KKSMART05)

6. Ian Jay

7. James & Dawn

8. Danny

10. Dave & Lu (TANK)

11. Terry & Phyllis (smarting)

12. Don & Janet (DieselDon & A1karaoke) {tentative}

Sign-up List

3. John (jwight)

4. Ken (KKSMART05)

6. Ian Jay

7. James & Dawn

8. Danny

10. Dave & Lu (TANK)

13. jp

HII think I'm going to pass on this event. It sounds like a close relative to some huge motorcycle rallies I've been to in the past. I prefer our dinner get togethers where we have a chance to visit.Ish

IshOnce you get there, the cars are all parked around a pond and we are free to mingle, visit, chat and oogle other cars, old and new. The smarts will all be parked in the same area, so you can visit to your heart's content, or wander around and drool over the other vehicles on display.If you still decide not to come, you will be missed.Ron :bike:

Well I will try my best to be there sounds great it is always a pleasure to see some fellow smarties. Sue will be working though I guess it is singles night for meSign-up List1. Bill (smartnhappy) with the Canada1 Smart car2. Liz & Glenn (Lilbit, smart142)3. John (jwight)4. Ken (KKSMART05)5. Dot & Ron (Spike, Leadwing)6. Ian Jay7. James & Dawn8. Danny9. Gordon (driving CHOCULA)10. Dave & Lu (TANK)11. Terry & Phyllis (smarting) 12. Don & Janet (DieselDon & A1karaoke) {tentative}13. jp14. big mike?15.16.17.18.19.20.

Sign-up List1. Bill (smartnhappy) with the Canada1 Smart car2. Liz & Glenn (Lilbit, smart142)3. John (jwight)4. Ken (KKSMART05)5. Dot & Ron (Spike, Leadwing)6. Ian Jay7. James & Dawn8. Danny9. Gordon (driving CHOCULA)10. Dave & Lu (TANK)11. Terry & Phyllis (smarting)12. Don & Janet (DieselDon & A1karaoke) {tentative}13. jp14. big mike?15. Natalie (smrtpntz)16.17.18.19.20.Sign-up List

We're staying Friday night at the Quality in London - on our way to Hamilton on SaturdayAny plans for Friday evening?Larry & mary SmithSign-up List1. Bill (smartnhappy) with the Canada1 Smart car2. Liz & Glenn (Lilbit, smart142)3. John (jwight)4. Ken (KKSMART05)5. Dot & Ron (Spike, Leadwing)6. Ian Jay7. James & Dawn8. Danny9. Gordon (driving CHOCULA)10. Dave & Lu (TANK)11. Terry & Phyllis (smarting)12. Don & Janet (DieselDon & A1karaoke) {tentative}13. jp14. big mike?15. Natalie (smrtpntz)16. Larry & mary Smith17.18.19.

Edited by smart142

Since the car is back with M-B, I may not be at Plunkett tomorrow. If I do, it might have to be in the Ranger, which, at 380K, is nicely broken in.

We might be able to attend, but won't know until the afternoon, so am not signing us up. However, we hope to be there!

The weather gods seem to be smiling on us today. They are calling for sunny with light clouds, a high of 27 (81F) and light winds. It looks like it should be a picture-perfect day.Mary Smith, when we see you at the Plunkett Estate, why not introduce yourself to the rest of us and we can talk about a possible friday night get together.See you all there. :)Ron :bike:

Sign-up List

3. John (jwight)

4. Ken (KKSMART05)

6. Ian Jay

7. James & Dawn

8. Danny

10. Dave & Lu (TANK)

13. jp

14. big mike?

15. Natalie (smrtpntz)

16. Brenda and Robert ( WayCoolRollers ), The Woodstock Smarties B)