Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jcasb5

Front hood cover loose

4 posts in this topic

Just bought a 2009 Passion model. The front hood cover can be removed without even unlatching the locking arms. Does anyone have a fix for this? The front pins do not seem to even engage. I'm worried about it flipping off during travel.

Be sure the "hood" is all the way back before you latch the pins. You have to twist it a bit yto get the side slides to connect in the corners near the windshield. If this doesn't work = a trip to the dealer for a warrantee replacement (I had one pin replaced).

Just bought a 2009 Passion model. The front hood cover can be removed without even unlatching the locking arms. Does anyone have a fix for this? The front pins do not seem to even engage. I'm worried about it flipping off during travel.

Be sure the "hood" is all the way back before you latch the pins. You have to twist it a bit yto get the side slides to connect in the corners near the windshield. If this doesn't work = a trip to the dealer for a warrantee replacement (I had one pin replaced).

Sorry. I meant the front pins, they do not engage with the hood. The clips do not seem to "catch" the hood.