Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smartnhappy

August Outing - Turkey Point on Tuesday, August 02

27 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hi everyone.

At Plunkett's last week it was suggested, and a kind-of consensus was shown, towards a drive to Turkey Point for a nice dinner next month.

It's a resort town on Lake Erie, around 90 minutes / 100 km from London, St. Thomas, Stratford, Kitchener and Hamilton.

FYI... the first Tuesday in August is the 2nd, a day after the Civic holiday Monday.

I don't know whether this is advantageous or detrimental to most of us, so please post your thoughts.

In the mean time I'm starting a sign-up sheet.

The restaurant has yet to be decided upon, so please post your thoughts or experiences and a winner will be named asap.

The 2nd Sandbar and The Wheel House have both been suggested, with the former getting the most 'votes' so far.

Dinner would be a 7PM start, given travel distances and remember, it's a nice drive and we DO get great fuel mileage.

Sign-Up Sheet

1) Bill (smartnhappy)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

Edited by smartnhappy

I'm gonna try to get the evening off work. If I can we'll be there, but I'll let you know next week. Boss is on holidays :jealous: .

Sign-Up Sheet1) Bill (smartnhappy)2) Ron & Dot (Leadwing & Spike)3)4)5)6)7)8)9)10)

Sign-Up Sheet1) Bill (smartnhappy)2) Ron & Dot (Leadwing & Spike)3) Don & Janet (DieselDon & a1karaoke)4)5)6)7)8)9)10)

I give up. I'm planning on coming to Turkey Point and am not getting the %&*( to work so I can add my name to the list. Consider me on the list.Ish.

Sign-Up Sheet1) Bill (smartnhappy)2) Ron & Dot (Leadwing & Spike)3) Don & Janet (DieselDon & a1karaoke)4) Sandra (ishkabibble)5)6)7)8)9)10)There ya go Sandra :)

Sign-Up Sheet1) Bill (smartnhappy)2) Ron & Dot (Leadwing & Spike)3) Don & Janet (DieselDon & a1karaoke)4) Sandra (ishkabibble)5) James and Dawn6)7)8)9)10)

The '2nd Sandbar' has been recommended by Lilbit (of Glenn & Liz fame), who is familiar with the area.

I'm posting their menus below and will confirm a reservation asap.

Menu # 1

Menu # 2

I will hopefully have my car back this weekend, so I may be able to make it.

Liz and I will be driving back from NY that day. Won't be able to make it :(

Sign-Up Sheet1) Bill (smartnhappy)2) Ron & Dot (Leadwing & Spike)3) Don & Janet (DieselDon & a1karaoke)4) Sandra (ishkabibble)5) James and Dawn (Ethical Beef)6) William (Huronlad)... ??7) Jay & Tracey (J&T)8)9)10)

Glenn wrote ""Liz and I will be driving back from NY that day. Won't be able to make it"".Don't you normally cross at Niagara Falls and go just north here on the 403 when you return from New York state (or city)?? B):rolleyes:

Checked out the menus.............salad and chocolate decadence sounds good to me!! :yahoo: Motto: Life is uncertain, eat dessert first!Ish.

Anyone thinking of going to this event via hwy 403, be aware that as of this date, the southbound ramps from 403 to hwy 24 (south) are closed. I will update on monday if there is a change.Ron :bike:

Reservations confirmed for 6:30 to 7 PM arrival.

Sign-Up Sheet

1) Bill (smartnhappy)

2) Ron & Dot (Leadwing & Spike)

3) Don & Janet (DieselDon & a1karaoke)

4) Sandra (ishkabibble)

5) James and Dawn (Ethical Beef)

6) William (Huronlad)... ??

7) Jay & Tracey (J&T)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

Reservations confirmed for 6:30 to 7 PM arrival.Sign-Up Sheet1) Bill (smartnhappy)2) Ron & Dot (Leadwing & Spike)3) Don & Janet (DieselDon & a1karaoke)4) Sandra (ishkabibble)5) James and Dawn (Ethical Beef)6) William (Huronlad)... ??7) Jay & Tracey (J&T)8) Dave & Lu (TANK) 9)10)11)12)13)14)15)

Reservations confirmed for 6:30 to 7 PM arrival.Sign-Up Sheet1) Bill (smartnhappy)2) Ron & Dot (Leadwing & Spike)3) Don & Janet (DieselDon & a1karaoke)4) Sandra (ishkabibble)5) James and Dawn (Ethical Beef)6) William (Huronlad)... ??7) Jay & Tracey (J&T)8) Dave & Lu (TANK) 9) Brenda (WayCoolRollers)10)11)12)13)14)15)

Sorry, sorry, sorry.....

I can't make it tomorrow. :angry:

I've got an eye patch for a couple of days, with a badly scratched cornea.

Happened during garage cleanup. Never again!!!

Can't drive... hell, I can't even walk too well (not that I could before).

Sorry to miss this one. It's a nice drive, with a highly recommended dinner venue on the beach.

I have everything all set up, with reservations made under "Smart group' or 'Bill' for up to 20.

I hope everyone has a great time, an enjoyable dinner and a safe run.

See y'all next month.

Bill

Reservations confirmed for 6:30 to 7 PM arrival.

Sign-Up Sheet

1)

2) Ron & Dot (Leadwing & Spike)

3) Don & Janet (DieselDon & a1karaoke)

4) Sandra (ishkabibble)

5) James and Dawn (Ethical Beef)

6) William (Huronlad)... ??

7) Jay & Tracey (J&T)

8) Dave & Lu (TANK)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

Reservations confirmed for 6:30 to 7 PM arrival.Sign-Up Sheet1)2) Ron & Dot (Leadwing & Spike)3) Don & Janet (DieselDon & a1karaoke)4) Sandra (ishkabibble)5) James and Dawn (Ethical Beef)6) William (Huronlad)... ??7) Jay & Tracey (J&T)8) Dave & Lu (TANK)9) Melissa10)11)12)13)14)15)

As of 3:00pm this afternoon, anyone thinking of going to this event via hwy 403, be aware that as of this date and time, the southbound ramps from 403 to hwy 24 (south) are closed

Ok food and poor lighting and service but great company, combined with a very peaceful surrounding made for an enjoyable outing for all who managed to attend.

post-7529-1312370703_thumb.jpg

Totally agree with you Ron. It was definitely good times. It was great seeing familiar faces and meeting new ones. Thank you Bill for setting everything up for us. Hope to see you at the next one. :D

Thanks for the work organizing. It was enjoyable all the way around and an added bonus was that mapquest seriously overestimated the driving time!!Ish.

I'm sorry I couldn't make it. I love a nice drive and a good dinner with the Smart group.I hope the poor weather didn't affect the outing. Did the rain hold off till the drive home?What was the turnout? The photo indicates most signups were able to show up. I hope everybody had a good time.Maybe the date and timing hindered some folks' ability to attend.Any other pictures?How about a run to Grand Bend for our September outing?? Ipperwash?? Port Franks?? Any where else??My thinking is..... north for July (Seaforth), east for August (Turkey Point), then west(ish) for September, to Ontario's 'west coast').How about changing the day we regularly take our monthly trips???The first Tuesday of the month is often 'interfered-with' by a holiday day, as we just witnessed with the Civic holiday.It's going to happen again next month with Labour Day Monday on September 06th, and no doubt some future dates also.I suggest we move our regular outing date to the SECOND TUESDAY OF EVERY MONTH to forego this problem in the future.Doing so might make it easier for everybody to better plan for our outings.This is just a suggestion and NOT an edict. Any other ideas or opinions?? Other dates?? Status quo??We've tried weekends in the past, but we didn't have any success. I'm going to start a thread for everyone's input.Meantime, any more pictures and/or thoughts about the Turkey Point trip? :)