Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FlossyTheSmart

I'm not me! Logged in as another user?

61 posts in this topic

Yeah, but I liked it better when it could be seen on every page and in every thread!

I liked it better when it could be seen on every page and in every thread!

Personally, that always struck me as being fairly privacy-invasive. It's not really the whole world's business to know exactly what page I'm on at any given exact moment.

From Some Guys profile:

Some Guy

Age Unknown

Male

Grande Prairie, AB

Birthday Unknown

I fail to see what privacy is being invaded! And you have to be a CsC member logged in to see even that much.

From Some Guys profile:

Some Guy

Age Unknown

Male

Grande Prairie, AB

Birthday Unknown

I fail to see what privacy is being invaded! And you have to be a CsC member logged in to see even that much.

Huh, what does profile info have to do with it? I'm talking about the thing Mike T's talking about, where it used to show you on every page who else was reading the same page, even without their consent.

I turned it off as part of the trouble shooting - I will re-enable it now things seem okay - gives Mike something to do :lol::lol: Cheers,Cameron

It used to amuse me when a certain E from Etown used to see when I was online late at night and phone me to chat!B :sun:

FWIW, when we were having problems I noticed the forum generated a cookie with the name anon and a value of -1; this is no longer the case. Perhaps it had something to do with anonymous logins which may explain why people were being logged in without having to enter a username and password.

Edited by quirky1

There were all sorts of strange things happening - the skins in the cache seem to mess with lots of stuff - direct from the Database seems to be a happier thing.Can't remember where I turned off the users online settings - will do some poking.Cheers,Cameron