Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
garthD

Wow, that's how it is supposed to drive!

4 posts in this topic

Had my 2006 (82K km) in the shop because it developed some squeaks and creaks in recent weeks. I expected them to find a broken spring and maybe a faltering shock or two, but it turned out to be a much bigger job. I ended up getting the following replaced: both front springs and shocks, both rear shocks, a wheel bearing (that was damaged during the repairs), a supporting arm, tie rod ends, and a bunch of smaller/cheaper parts. Service adviser said it would have cost about $2000 with labour but luckily it was all covered under the extended warranty (still have 8 months left on it and it already covered a $1k injector a year ago so I guess I got lucky w/ the warranty and maybe a little unlucky w/ the car). Kudos to Victoria Star, BTW. Anyway, I also replaced the front brakes and tires at the same time and, not surprisingly given all the new parts, the car is driving like brand new...actually the ride seems better than I remember when it was new!garth

Wow, good work! Mine at 201K km seems more than OK still, but I suppose it could use new control arms and shockers.

Great story, garth! There ARE some decent dealerships out there who are capable of finding problems and repairing things...Bil :sun:

Great story, garth! There ARE some decent dealerships out there who are capable of finding problems and repairing things...

Yeah, I was in to Victoria Star a few weeks ago when I was in Ontario and the whole experience was surprisingly pleasant. If it wasn't for the MB sign, I'd not have had any idea that they're affiliated with the same company as Weber Motors in Edmonton. Service advisor at the latter was a total b**** whereas the former actually had good service.