Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AaronVee

Stereo help

17 posts in this topic

I have a 05 CDI and we all know the stereo sucks lol sounds clear but I have a cabrio and the top down I just want to hear my stereo without adding huge space robbing equipment like subwoofers to my amazing car any one have an idea how I can make it better maybe better speakers someone can suggest ?

Does it have the sound upgrade (tweeters on the dash and bass bins)?You can get a subwoofer for under the driver's seat. With this and the sound upgrade it's easy to go deaf even with the roof open.

The sub fits under the drivers seat ? And y would I go deaf ?I just love my country music can't help itAlso mike been meaning to talk to you. Does a CDI remap lower engine life ?

Maybe, if driven hard. It would allow excessive temperatures to be generated under extreme driving conditions. The standard map is very conservative, which limits the stress on the little engine.The deaf comment was about the sound system being as LOUD as you want, with the factory sound upgrade and subwoofer.

So how do I go about getting this "factory" sound upgrade and subwoofer and no I won't make myself deaf promise :) Is there a special name for it or a kit perhaps ? And unsaid it fits under my drivers seat ? How ? I think I'll leave my engine alone lol :) I want it to last as long as possible

...or you could search the mods for the "head-rest speaker mod". ;) I've got an aftermarket Pioneer head unit in my cabrio and have wired the headrest speakers to the "rear" channel; it's easy enough to bias the signal to the headrests when I'm going "topless"!!....doesn't do much for stereo imaging but I can always hear at least the left channel - even with the top down on the highway! :lol: MZ

I want my car to be mostly OE I don't feel headrest speakers fit the mould

Buy bass bins and tweeters form the dealer, then enable the system on your stereo, and buy the underseat boom box from Eddy. The whole package would be a few hundred $.

Buy bass bins and tweeters form the dealer, then enable the system on your stereo, and buy the underseat boom box from Eddy. The whole package would be a few hundred $.

Mike do you recall that a lot of the premium sound systems were not activated by the dealer at the P.D.I. That in itself made quite a difference.

Yeah I am assuming the car in question doesn't have the tweeters (the usual sign that premium sound is installed). If it does, you may have a point.

I'd have to look I know it has a cd player but have not looked for speakers. My car will be on the road the end of September for sure but it's in Barrie right now awaiting a transfer of ownership to my name

The tweeters are dead obvious, they perch up on the top of the dash.

Well no tweeters and how do I contact eddy to find out how much this sub woofer would be :)

Oh man. To be honest....worst Car Stereo System ever. I might as well listen to songs on my blackberry on Speakerphone.I did take my '06 CDI Smart to Tom's Auto on Dunlop. They thought they could swap in a nice Pioneer unit...but it wouldn't fit. Something about not having the proper harness. So, I've been stuck with what I got...which, from what I can tell is just 2 4" speakers in the front dash. There is an option in my stereo called "loudness"..which really just means "more distorted and unpleasant".Thanks for the info on Eddy. I will contact him.

there isnt a harness to fit the factory wiring with an after market radio. but a splice into the factory wiring will do the job. they do have a radio adapter for the antenna. i tossed the factory radio about a month after i got the car. i now have a sony in there with bluetooth an cd. i love it i can stream music from my blackberry to the radio an hear it threw the speakers. a phone call comes in i can answer it hands free. use the gps in the phone an i can hear the directions from the car audio. really id just say you could pay me to put a factory radio back in my car again.

1 person likes this