Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve C.

long time no see...

7 posts in this topic

hey all...hope everyone is well, it's been a while since i've been here, figured i'd say hello and see how everyone is, who's still driving smart,who's moved on,etc. burlington cruise nights had moved to the other (smaller) mall and didnt seem to be worth going to last i checked. i have just left burlington in the end of june and moved out to a little bungalow in ridgeway (fort erie). a few smarts out this way, and quite a lot of cool cars actually. a lot of retired folks this way i think,with model t's from the 20's,57 chevys,so many ultra long baby blue convertibles,hot rods,every single day i find something cool to look at as i drive along. (may have to sell my baby soon and up my game a little car-wise). anyway, hope all are well, any of the old regulars on here strike back and say hello. steve,

Hi Steve Nice to hear from you.I too wonder what has happened to a lot of "old"members. There are still a few get togethers so we do keep in touch regularily. Tardis is still rolling down the road, he needs a few things fixed but is still on the road! We do get down your way once in a while keep your eyes open you may see us flag us down.keep wellKaren

Hi Steve!I miss the show at the old Mapleview mall in Burlington. I know Diesel Dave bought a Dodge hemi and Craig went to a Mercedes. Dave and Garry both have their smarts.Me, I now own 4, and in London we still get together every month.It looks like there will be a ''smart meeting'' in Toronto in September.Cheers mate!

nice to see some of the old regulars are still driving smartly. there are a lot of them driving about here (but not many convertibles) and they seem to do the smart "wave" still, friendly folks out this way for sure. i'm enjoying the peace and quiet of my street, and only 15mins. and i hit the peace bridge,which is nice. i know dave and barb still have "ruby",as we luckily bumped into barb at ikea a few months back picking up some things for the house. i believe pat still has his blue smart, and like glen i miss the burlington car shows,it wasnt just about the cars, it was cool chatting with the regulars, going for dinners, etc...james had given up his sweet ride to switch over to mini,and diesel dave, the guy who would never be without a smart, changed his tune a while back. dont know if iain is still around logging on the kms to whatever rollercoaster he has his sights on, i see schmart is still listed (hi robert). gary (port credit) and his modified one still going strong i hope. hope everyone is well. steve.

Iain's car is kind of dead at about 280K km, our 2005 has 202,000 km on it and is going well, we bought one of the BRABUS Canada 1 cars (335 km) in Toronto in Feb 2010, met two groups of people in TO for dinner, also in London where we met lots of people including Hemi Dave and Pam; we stayed with Glenn on the wintery drive back and Glenn kindly lent his shop, tools, etc to get the car ready for the long drive home....Some others have joined up with high mileage cars, two have over 300K.