Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
falcon_1898

Custom Seat covers, vinyl stickers and other accessories

13 posts in this topic

The seat covers and vinyl stickers that we ordered finally came in yesterday. Just wanted to share the new look of our smart with everybody :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

There was another thread talking about seat covers, in which some of the fellow members were interested in getting some custom-made. Well, the ones that we got from a friend seem to be ok, if anyone's interested. There are provisions for the seat belt support and also for the side airbag. The material resembles the mesh-like textile on some of the backpacks. Anyway, see for yourselves.

Posted Image

Posted Image

They are a bit wrinkly at the moment, probably due to the shipping.

And as promised, if anyone is interested in getting some, I can see if our friend can make some additional ones.

Edited by falcon_1898

Very sharp looking car. I love the Garfield on the side! What did it cost for the seat covers and can your friend do a Red and grey?Blair

Well, it was sort of a gift and all we paid is the shipping, so I don't really know what they would sell for, but I'll ask.One thing I find with these seat covers is that they are not the stretch fit types of some of the covers out there...and the air bag holes could be a bit bigger. So I'll definitely let my friend know if he can make them bigger.Anyway, isn't there a get together happening sometime in the near future in Toronto? We will try to go, so Blair, if you are going, you can take a look for yourself if it's right for you.Bil, it's unfortunate that you are not in Toronto, otherwise you can take a look too. I guess we can wait for Blair for a second opinion on the seat covers. I hope you are not in a hurry.James

Hey James,I hope you can make the Toronto gathering on Seot. 17. I would love to check out the seat covers and the Garfield decal. The colours are pretty sharp looking and it does enhance the colours of your smart.Blair

Well, it was sort of a gift and all we paid is the shipping, so I don't really know what they would sell for, but I'll ask.One thing I find with these seat covers is that they are not the stretch fit types of some of the covers out there...and the air bag holes could be a bit bigger. So I'll definitely let my friend know if he can make them bigger.Anyway, isn't there a get together happening sometime in the near future in Toronto? We will try to go, so Blair, if you are going, you can take a look for yourself if it's right for you.Bil, it's unfortunate that you are not in Toronto, otherwise you can take a look too. I guess we can wait for Blair for a second opinion on the seat covers. I hope you are not in a hurry.James

The seat covers and vinyl stickers that we ordered finally came in yesterday. Just wanted to share the new look of our smart with everybody :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

There was another thread talking about seat covers, in which some of the fellow members were interested in getting some custom-made. Well, the ones that we got from a friend seem to be ok, if anyone's interested. There are provisions for the seat belt support and also for the side airbag. The material resembles the mesh-like textile on some of the backpacks. Anyway, see for yourselves.

Posted Image

Posted Image

They are a bit wrinkly at the moment, probably due to the shipping.

And as promised, if anyone is interested in getting some, I can see if our friend can make some additional ones.

Where did you get the decals? My father in law is a HUGE Garfield fan...he would flip over those...

Where did you get the decals? My father in law is a HUGE Garfield fan...he would flip over those...

It's from the same friend of ours who supplied our seat covers! :)But we've gotta get better handling during shipping, because the ones we received were folded and have huge creases that make them so difficult to apply...Let me see what else he has, and next time when he sends something, we could add to the parcel something for you too.

Hey James,I would be interested in knowing what other decal your friend has as well. Blair

Hi BlairAs far as decals are concerned, I know that he has quite a selection. It took us a while to make up our mind at what to get :DIs there any type in particular that you are looking for? Cheers and have a nice long weekend!James

Hey James,I am not sure what decal I want yet. I guess I just wanted to know what your friend has so I can get an idea of what I want.I am in North Carolina enjoying my week vacation. Have a great long weekend!Blair

Hi BlairAs far as decals are concerned, I know that he has quite a selection. It took us a while to make up our mind at what to get :DIs there any type in particular that you are looking for? Cheers and have a nice long weekend!James

Hey James,I am not sure what decal I want yet. I guess I just wanted to know what your friend has so I can get an idea of what I want.I am in North Carolina enjoying my week vacation. Have a great long weekend!Blair

Hey Blair, How was your vacation? Sorry for the delay, but I've been swamped with work lately.WRT the decals, the guy gave me a few pictures for examples of what he has - probably grabbed off some website lol.Is it against forum rules to post them here? I don't want to make this into an advertisement thread :huh:

Hey Blair, How was your vacation? Sorry for the delay, but I've been swamped with work lately.WRT the decals, the guy gave me a few pictures for examples of what he has - probably grabbed off some website lol.Is it against forum rules to post them here? I don't want to make this into an advertisement thread :huh:

Hey James,I think you are in the wrong section to post a link? The best way is to send me a private message with the link. I am actually in Pittsburgh and coming back to Toronto this afternoon.Blair

Hey James,I think you are in the wrong section to post a link? The best way is to send me a private message with the link. I am actually in Pittsburgh and coming back to Toronto this afternoon.Blair

PM sent!If anyone else is interested, please let me know. Maybe we can even get a discount on shipping if we order something together.