Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
otisthecat

dashboard wrench and 30

5 posts in this topic

Four days ago a wench appeared on the dashboard as well as the number 30. Normally the number count down is for oil changes, what does this new wrench and countdown mean?

30 days to go until an "A" service. If enough kilometers haven't been driven to need a service on distance, it will start a days-to-go countdown. I assume the number is now at 26? I actually thought the time countdown started at 20, though. I do enough miles I will never see the time countdown.Two wrenches means a more extensive (and expensive!) "B" service.

Edited by Alex

30 days to go until an "A" service. If enough kilometers haven't been driven to need a service on distance, it will start a days-to-go countdown. I assume the number is now at 26? I actually thought the time countdown started at 20, though. I do enough miles I will never see the time countdown.Two wrenches means a more extensive (and expensive!) "B" service.

Just bought mine used and it shows -196, guess I had better get it in for service now?

The service indicator may not have been reset although service was done... But if you don't know for sure then yeah DO IT NOW!

Thanks Alex and Good Guy , I forgot about that service reminder. This is the first time I have seen that countdown icon. Odometer just passed 83500.4OTIS2 is ready for a good check over and tire change.Have a good autumn.Larry

Edited by otisthecat