Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gauchorojo

RH side windshield wiper trouble: Help Wanted

5 posts in this topic

Hey gang,Bugger, my cousin's 05 Pulse, has a RH wiper arm that overreaches past the glass edge when fully extended. The LH side works fine. I haven't looked at it yet and the only other information I have is that she had the RH arm removed until I can go see it. And of course, it is raining...Any suggestions on where to start my fault finding?TIA,

The RH wiper should fit under the LH wiper when in the "parked" position. (see second picture in this thread.)

I'm pretty sure that the wiper arms are on a splined shaft and can be lifted off the shaft and re-positioned to the correct location.

If I'm wrong, there are lots of people who will jump on me for that :blush: and they will steer you right.

When in the "parked" position, can you move the "base" area where the wiper arm joins the car body at the point where it pivots?

How much of an overshoot is there? If not much, just adjust it a bit lower. I am convinced that the wear that some cars' wiper axles have in them is caused by the wiper slapping the rubber gasket.....

Thx all,I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but will report as soon as I figure something out. I did find d whole wiper mechanism at d website of d largest smart car salvage yard in d world, for 79Euros, motor including, plus s/h. JIC. Cheers,Serge