Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Britsmart

Is the Protective Divider for the 450 Worth it?

8 posts in this topic

I'm looking at replacing my rather worn out luggage cover, looking at replacing it with the Protective Divider. Just curious if anyone has one and if their worth the extra money? How useful are they really?I don't leave anything of value in my car, except when I'm doing my holiday shopping. The summer I load my car up with beach stuff or camping things.I saw the 451 has one that has the netting on top of the cargo cover, wonder if the 450 has anything like that?post-7297-1316966821_thumb.jpgI saw it on Flying Tiger and it looks pretty awesome, also the trunk tray as well I will be getting, keep my carpet protected :)Brit, Mathieu and Marty Car :D

Edited by Britsmart

I accidentally got a 451 cover for my 450. I saw the netting, velcro, etc. and thought it was great. I got the 450 cover and took it to a local person who does that sort of thing and she fixed mine the same. I love it! It didn't cost much and she did it very quickly.Ish.

I have a generic stretchy webbing that works pretty much the same. I use it all the time. It lets me confidently pile stuff to the roof and not worry that it's going to end up in my lap in a quick stop.

Just curious, I went into a couple of stores yesterday and none had any idea what I was talking about. So where did you pick yours up from?Brit, Mathieu and Marty Car :D

Just curious, I went into a couple of stores yesterday and none had any idea what I was talking about. So where did you pick yours up from?Brit, Mathieu and Marty Car :D

Not sure... Canadian Tire? Princess Auto? Someplace like that. I think it was sold as a gear tie-down net for ATVs :dunno:

Not sure... Canadian Tire? Princess Auto? Someplace like that. I think it was sold as a gear tie-down net for ATVs :dunno:

I searched on Canadian Tire and found one, went and purchased it and this was the end result of a $17.00 net..post-7297-1317307583_thumb.jpgpost-7297-1317307599_thumb.jpgMakes the inside feel really big now :D Thanks for the suggestion :)Brit, Mathieu and Marty Car :D Edited by Britsmart

I searched on Canadian Tire and found one, went and purchased it and this was the end result of a $17.00 net..

So is the support rod across the middle of your net part of the Canadian Tire price or did you add it on after you'd bought it? I like the idea of a net to divide the back of the smart from the front and I really like the price from Canadian Tire. Thanks for any info.

Sue

So is the support rod across the middle of your net part of the Canadian Tire price or did you add it on after you'd bought it? I like the idea of a net to divide the back of the smart from the front and I really like the price from Canadian Tire. Thanks for any info.Sue

Hi Sue,What I used to support the net was the rods from the smart luggage compartment cover, and then to support the top I used the coat hanger things on either side :)It held my two front snow tires perfect no worries, glad I have it now I find in my opinion it is better then just the cover. I'm going to see if I can use the cover and the net at the same time would be fantastic :)Brit, Mathieu and Marty Car :D