Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dustlesssix

Few questions to start off...

6 posts in this topic

2005 smart fortwo pulseCan anyone please let me know what this plug is for? (pic below)also im looking for set of winter rims and tires....i found a set of steelies and tires, but they are from a 2008, will the fit properly?

post-10502-1317083656_thumb.jpg

That's the Amphenol plug for the 2005 model's interior 110 V outlet (near the battery in the passenger footwell). The 2006 models also had a block heater powered off the same unit. The car would have been delivered with the proper cable to begin with but it's probably gone now.The 451 rims have a totally different offset and cannot be used on the 450.

That's the Amphenol plug for the 2005 model's interior 110 V outlet (near the battery in the passenger footwell). The 2006 models also had a block heater powered off the same unit. The car would have been delivered with the proper cable to begin with but it's probably gone now.The 451 rims have a totally different offset and cannot be used on the 450.

thanks for the reply, so why would they put a plug there? im not exactly sure what your talking about. is it possible to run a block heater of that plug and plug into a regular household outlet?

The pass-through into the battery compartment was meant to power a battery blanket, to keep the battery warm for winter starting. Many people use this to power small heaters to warm the cars interior in the winter. A block or oil pan heater could be wired into the plug and powered from an outside receptical. You would need spacers to use the 451 wheels on a 450.

Edited by Huronlad

I know someone in Belleville with winter wheels (tires and rims) who isn't planning on using them. PM me if you're interested.