Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smart142

Tuesday, November 1st, 1800 hrs

18 posts in this topic

There were no decisions made for venue during the ''Crossings'' meeting. So after conferring with Bill it has been decided to go with the first Tuesday in Nov, which is Nov 1st. That's short notice so I chose to go with where we went a year ago- The New Sarum Diner

Here's Ron's directions:

The New Sarum Diner in (of course) New Sarum. It is located within spitting distance of Highway #3 and county road 74 (between St. Thomas & Aylmer). Easy access from the 401 (exit 195). The food is excellent and it is licensed. They open at 8am and close at 9pm. They encourage groups such as ours. I can arrange with the diner to have seating reserved for us for November 1st (1st tuesday of Nov). Meet starts at 6pm.

1. Liz & Glenn

The New Sarum Diner in (of course) New Sarum. It is located within spitting distance of Highway #3 and county road 74 (between St. Thomas & Aylmer). Easy access from the 401 (exit 195). The food is excellent and it is licensed. They open at 8am and close at 9pm. They encourage groups such as ours. I can arrange with the diner to have seating reserved for us for November 1st (1st tuesday of Nov). Meet starts at 6pm.

Here is a link to their diner. Here is their menu.

1. Liz & Glenn

2. Ron & Dot

**NOTE** I corrected the date (in colour) to reflect this year's date.

We are in for this one, we can make it this time.....Sign up:1. Liz & Glenn2. Ron & Dot3. Ralph & Monica4.5.6.7.8.9.

We'll be there for the great company and good food.....

1. Liz & Glenn

2. Ron & Dot

3. Ralph & Monica

4. Don & Janet

Sign up:1. Liz & Glenn2. Ron & Dot3. Ralph & Monica4. Don & Janet5. Dan6. Joyce and John7. Melissa8.9.

Sign up:1. Liz & Glenn2. Ron & Dot3. Ralph & Monica4. Don & Janet5. Dan6. Joyce and John7. Melissa8. Bill9.10.11.12.13.14.15.

Sign up:1. Liz & Glenn2. Ron & Dot3. Ralph & Monica4. Don & Janet5. Dan6. Joyce and John7. Melissa8. Bill9. Lu & Dave10

Sign up:1. Liz & Glenn2. Ron & Dot3. Ralph & Monica4. Don & Janet5. Dan6. Joyce and John7. Melissa8. Bill9. Lu & Dave10 jp

Sign up:1. Liz & Glenn2. Ron & Dot3. Ralph & Monica4. Don & Janet5. Dan6. Joyce and John7. Melissa8. Bill9. Lu & Dave10. jp11.12.13.14.15.

1. Liz & Glenn

2. Ron & Dot

3. Ralph & Monica

4. Don & Janet

Dan- not able to attend

5. Joyce and John

6. Melissa

7. Bill

8. Lu & Dave

9. jp

Good weather predicted for tomorrow:

Tuesday: Partly cloudy. Becoming sunny in the morning. High 12. B)

Hi Everyone!I was thinking of you all but was riding my combine and bringing the CORN home! Winter is coming!!I will be at the next event though...and LEAD WING I promise to bring your fuel can back too! James E.B.

The corn takes top billing. Totally understandable. :) No hurry on the gas container James. It's too bad you missed the meet. The food was (as it always is at the New Sarum Diner) fantastic and we had (also, as always) a good meet. It was the first time (for me) to attend a repeat location in the 2 years that I have been a member. I don't think anyone was complaining though. Spike is getting the hang of driving the smart and since this location was really close to home, we took both smarts last night.Several options for the next meet were mentioned, but no decision made, so I will investigate a few of the choices voiced and post the location for the next one in the coming days.Ron :bike:

Some of the suggestions were:- The Sparta Tea room ( www.sparthouse.com )- Butcher Block Restaurant & Tavern - Thamesford- Keyo's Family Restaurant - Thamesford- Tokyojoes Town Restaurant – Thamesford- Mandarin restaurant – London- The Keg Steak House & bar – South London- McGinnis Landing Restaurant - LondonI'm easy, so if anyone has preferrences to any of the above, or other suggestions, feel free to add them here.