Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pinhead19

Wolverine Heaters

11 posts in this topic

I found out yesterday my block heater is not actually working so I am going to be buying This Engine Heater and was wondering if anyone else in SW Ontario was thinking of getting a heater maybe we would save something on shipping or over the boarder or a small discount from the vendor. I am sure to re-ship this it would not be worth it, but I drive anywhere between london and toronto (sometimes further) and could drop it off free of charge. Anyone interested?

Edited by pinhead19

Pinhead,Please repost link to Engine Heater, it doesn't work.Cannman

Oh, it is working for me.Product page - I was thinking 9.0 but it seems it might not be hot enough?I am sure some people from this forum have installed product from the manufacture before... I will see if I can find what they installed.@sameguy: I am not sure, I measured the current and it is 0amps. The connector is connected to the heater, but I haven't got to really looking into it.

I use the Wolverine 9.0 and am happy with the product. My Gina had the engine swapped a year ago so I need one.In fact sign me up for 2 because I am finding that the 2006 block heaters are failing and someone will need an oil pan heater.

@sameguy: I am not sure, I measured the current and it is 0amps. The connector is connected to the heater, but I haven't got to really looking into it.

Mine was fairly obvious: the cable got snagged on something and came loose, dragging on the ground for a bit. I reattached it without actually getting under the car and though noticeably worn, it still worked for a while. When it stopped working, I lifted the car and found that one of the conductors had actually worn almost all the way through (and finally broken) while the other was exposed. I soldered in new segments and covered with heat shrink, double heat-shrink on the outer insulation/case, and then wrapped the entire assembly in kevlar cloth tape. I tightened the element's hold-down clamp (the element was rattling in the cutout between the block and gearbox) and globbed on a liberal amount of silver anti-seize as a thermal paste. I added more kevlar tape to hold the plug and element together, and snugged the cable out of the way with tie-wraps.

Well, I will be submitting the order for 9.0 tomorrow afternoon if anyone else is interested. (if you are interested in a different model just let me know)

Well, I will be submitting the order for 9.0 tomorrow afternoon if anyone else is interested. (if you are interested in a different model just let me know)

Did you receive the pm that I sent you about ordering a heater?Norm