Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jwight

Southernmost Smart Scramble

1 post in this topic

As posted by Krusty on SCoA:

After long consideration I am going to jump in and try to organize a Fla Keys run. With the cancellation of a few other events I think I'll give it a try. I'm not going to try and get any sponsorship or make this really complicated. There will be no goody bags or registration fees. I may do a small run of shirts if enough interest is shown. I have a friend working on a logo now. The middle Keys have many affordable small Mom and Pop owned hotels. I will be listing a few and I am in contact about a group rate. We also have the Dolphin Research Center. It is a non profit organization that does daily shows. I am pretty sure I can get a discounted rate for smart owners. If you would like to swim with them I will leave that booking up to you. For those of you not familiar with the DRC, it is where they filmed the T.V. series Flipper. A few of the dolphins who live there are direct descendants of the dolphins who played Flipper. We also have very affordable fishing boats. My favorite one has four hour trips for around $50.00 including rods.There is a big sunset celebration every night in Key West. And the weekend I have chosen corresponds with my car clubs monthly meet. That time of year we will probably have 60 to 80 cars not including the smarts. In the next few days I will post a bunch of links to local events and destinations. We can do this, it will just have to be a little more casual than most you mainlanders are used to.The dates I have choosen are from Thurs. March 15th, to Sunday the 18th.

Follow the action at: http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f201/ :)