Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fred J

Have you registered your serial number for posterity?

8 posts in this topic

A lot of members have helped Mike T compile a record of smart cars spotted, but how many have not sent in your own VIN.

If anyone hasn't done so, how about we flood Mike with our VINs to see if we can get the total to over 1,000 by year end.

A simple PM or email with a brief discription of your car and you too can become part of history.

Thanks for everyone's support.

We already have 754 "spotted" cars in Canada, out of 5494 in the country.

For the record, all I need is the serial number, i.e. the last 6 numbers of the VIN.

Cheers Fred, good idea

Holy Zombie thread! The total number of 450 VINs is now nearly 2700 out of 10,239 cdis, and just over 400 of the 8800 451s.But the message remains valid today!Help us keep track!

Holy Zombie thread! The total number of 450 VINs is now nearly 2700 out of 10,239 cdis, and just over 400 of the 8800 451s.But the message remains valid today!Help us keep track!

Hello Mike: I just bought a Smart, I know that it came from a dealer in Barrie Ontario. I live in Windsor OntarioIts a 2005 Fortwo CDI Coupe S/N 155133 it has 119000KM on it now and runs well. But it is Quite rusty under the car,must be an Ontario Salt thing (we just moved from Alberta) so I think any bolt I try and undo will snap off, rats!I was hoping to replace the Oil pan but bolts look bad. Maybe I should take to dealer but hate the cost they may charge.Thanks Mike!

Thanks John, I had that car in the inventory from 2012, when it was for sale in Bowmanville.To update this thread, the total number of cars whose location we know (by province at a minimum) is all of them - 10,239 - and we know more details about 3150 of them now, such as colour, trim level, options.

A few months later and we are nearing 3200 cars with details other than location.

Hi Mike,

I don't know if this one is in your 450 system yet, but here it is with an update for location.  249201

- Black with silver tridion

- Passion

170325_001.jpg

170325_002.jpg

1 person likes this

It was registered in Grimsby last time, thanks Ron.