Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eclectrix

Help! Locked out and car is running. Two dogs inside

12 posts in this topic

Help!The locksmith does not know how to open the door. The spare key is in my purse inside the car and it is running. The puppy stepped on the key and locked the door and no windows are open. Short of breaking a window is there any way to get in?

Yes there is but I cannot publish the method on an open public forum. Send me a private message if you want to know.

If the methods Tolsen suggests doesn't work, tell the locksmith to try the rear hatch. There should be a normal key slot there.

Thank you all. Problem solved. The locksmith was able to open the door. If you want to know how just send a private message please. I do not want to give that information publicly so you are not compromised in any way. eclectrix

If the methods Tolsen suggests doesn't work, tell the locksmith to try the rear hatch. There should be a normal key slot there.

I did indeed send a PM as it would be interesting to learn how a professional locksmith would gain access to a Smart. Told him my fool proof and non destructive access method as well. No response seen so far though. Has eclectrix been overwhelmed with such requests perhaps?

Has eclectrix been overwhelmed with such requests perhaps?Um, no not really. I am not a regular visitor anymore. I remembered that I should check in because of the recent post requesting help and did reply to a couple (only ) of pm's. tadaeclectrix

Being a regular visitor or not is not the issue. You have received several private messages that you have plainly ignored. Not the right attitude in my book.

Being a regular visitor or not is not the issue. You have received several private messages that you have plainly ignored. Not the right attitude in my book.

It is exactly the attitude demonstrated herein this post why I do not frequent this site anymore. To clarify the situation, I did not ignore the messages. The inbox count in my controls read 0 new messages. I assumed there were none, that being correct. It was not until I read this post that I decided to ignore the stat counter and check. Low and behold there wer a half dozen new messages, and all have been addressed, as well as an alert sent to note the message counter not working. My apology to those who sent messages that were not addressed. They are now, better late than never. And if I was not a regular visitor, how would I know there were private messages? It would not be considered ignoring them if I did not see them. :o

You must have set up your account to not receive an email notification when a PM is received. Either that or changed email addresses and did not update your account here.See ya!

You must have set up your account to not receive an email notification when a PM is received. Either that or changed email addresses and did not update your account here.See ya!

I did set up my account not to receive email notification and also changed email addresses. However; it was the site that said 0 messages...you know, the little underlined notification under My Controls in the upper right hand corner under Search and Help. Does it not show the number of messages waiting in the inbox held on the server for clubsmartcar?