Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jwight

Ohio April Fools IV International, 13-15 April 2012

62 posts in this topic

Friday for arrivals, motel check-in, dinner, etc. Saturday for the drive(s), sightseeing, another dinner. Sunday departure. You can make as many days as you want. More detailed schedule is in the works. Hope you can make it. :)

I don't know that we will be able to do this drive, but it does sound interesting. Here's the direct link for the Old Mill Stream scenic byway.

Thanks for organizing it!

~~~~ Alberta

So is there a trip to Wilson's planned while in Findlay?

Here's a little about Wilson's.

Edited by IGTSMRT

So is there a trip to Wilson's planned while in Findlay?Here's a little about Wilson's.

Thanks! Took me a few days to find your post but Wilson's seems like it's worth visiting. :)

Headcount needed

Working on a host hotel in Findlay but need to give them some idea of how many will be staying overnight Friday (and possibly Saturday) - post here or PM me. Thanks! :)

Hi,What are your thoughts on bringing a small dog on the trip?Is the hotel/motel pet friendly?Would having the dog on the drive be a problem i.e. resteraunts?Please advise.CANMAN

Hi,What are your thoughts on bringing a small dog on the trip?Is the hotel/motel pet friendly?Would having the dog on the drive be a problem i.e. resteraunts?Please advise.CANMAN

Thanks for the questions; I'll try to find a pet friendly motel if at all possible. Most U.S. restaurants don't allow pets inside, only service animals. :)

To recognize the Canadian attendees, this is now an International event - bring your flags! :)

Motel Info

Motel for the April Fools IV rally is:

Quality Inn (OH300)

Best rate $64 per night (call hotel directly)

($57 for Choice Privileges members – no refunds, book through http://www.qualityinn.com/ires/en-US...d=SKqvHRFptuW1)

All rates plus applicable taxes.

We have a block of 10 non-smoking rooms. Cutoff date for booking is 26 March 2012.

1020 Interstate Court , Findlay, OH, US, 45840

Phone: (419) 423-4303

Fax: (419) 423-3459

Pet fee of $15/night, plus:

• Free deluxe breakfast

• Free wireless high-speed Internet access

• Free coffee

• Free weekly newspaper

• Free local calls

:)

I just got a chance to check out this event and I have to say it looks pretty good. :thumbsup_still:

How many vehicles did you have at last years event?

I am definately considering going. Maybe a caravan of SMARTS from CANADA can be arranged? :drive:

REGARDS :santa:

I just got a chance to check out this event and I have to say it looks pretty good. :thumbsup_still:

I am definately considering going. Maybe a caravan of SMARTS from CANADA can be arranged? :drive:

Caravan from Canada - sure! We had (I think) 16 cars last year, which included three from Canada. Right now we're up to 12 cars. Good fun and hopefully the weather will be a little warmer this year. Come on down! :)

Hi Ken

Huronlad Leadwing and myself went down last year,had a blast and meet a lot of nice folks. Planning on going this year as for a caravan I will be crossing Port Huron on the 13th to be there friday late afternoon. Only other canadian I know going so far is Leadwing

John

Hi KenHuronlad Leadwing and myself went down last year,had a blast and meet a lot of nice folks. Planning on going this year as for a caravan I will be crossing Port Huron on the 13th to be there friday late afternoon. Only other canadian I know going so far is Leadwing John

I'll talk to Gordo and see if I can convince him in going. This will give me an opportunity to talk to other SMART Car owners in the area.I am 75% confirmed as of today.Thanks :santa:

We ( Spike & I) are 100% confirmed....... we ARE going. I am willing to meet up with John (adelaide J) and anyone else who might be interested in a convoy. Time to meet is yet to be confirmed.

FWIW, according to Streets and Trips it's 5 hours 45 minutes to the motel from the middle of Toronto (via Sarnia) or 5 hours 30 minutes via the Windsor crossing. :)

Please add Canman and Angelina as well as Peanut our dog to the list of attendees.We have made the motel reservations.Looking forward to convoying with the rest of the Canadians from Ontario.Canman

Please add Canman and Angelina as well as Peanut our dog to the list of attendees.We have made the motel reservations.Looking forward to convoying with the rest of the Canadians from Ontario.Canman

Thanks for the update - you are all on the list! :)

How many are planning on staying over Saturday night, having breakfast Sunday morning? :)

Spike & I are still plannning on coming and will be staying over until Sunday morning, including breakfast. (our 45th anniversary)

The chances of coming have dropped slightly due to the fact that the company I worked for went bankrupt. The only thing that will prevent us from coming is if I get another job before the event that won't allow me to take the time nessessary.

I will keep you updated.

Ron