Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TofinoSmart

Accessing Windshield Washer Fluid Reservoir - 2005 Diesel

6 posts in this topic

I need to top up my windshield washer fluid - but without a manual (does anyone have a PDF version?) - I am not having any luck finding it. I watched a clip on You Tube with an newer model - indicating it was adjacent to the left headlight - but I was unable to get the front hood off. Many thanks to anyone taking the time to help out.

good day.If you are standing in front of the car, looking at it, the washer fluid filler is under the small black grill on the left side. Use a key or a small screwdriver to turn the lock , and the filler hose is tucked underneath right at the front of the opening. A funnel helps.There is a pdf version of the owners manual around, but it is too big to post or email. Search the forums, someone may have a link to an on-line copy.MG

The filler hose pops off from the cabin air filter box and can be pulled up through the access hole, no funnel needed.

Also when reading the directions for the washer fluid in the manual, Europeans get their fluid in a concentrated form and have to mix it with water. In Canada ours comes already premixed so you just dump it in to the level needed.Roy

You can buy the concentrate here in a little container for silly money, it's good stuff, but for summer use only.