fordnut71

woooo hoooo 3 bars :(

134 posts in this topic

Plus 13 here today, snowdrops have been out for weeks, and cherry blossoms in Victoria are out.

That's woozy! It's currently snowing here with a temp of -17.

And here's what's expected: Blowing snow this evening and after midnight. Wind northwest 40 km/h gusting to 60 diminishing to 20 gusting to 40 late this evening then becoming light after midnight. Temperature steady near minus 20. Wind chill minus 33.

Now that's Canadian winter!

Just stumbled across this thread whilst googling "3bars"

My smart 450 is currently refusing to move whilst displaying the 3 bars.

Hoping to find some time in the next few days to pull all the gearbox wiring out and give it a good inspection.

Part of me is hoping that I find some bare wires just in the hope that it solves the problem.lol

33 minutes ago, LooseLugNuts said:

start with the actuator and clutch fork

Already swapped the actuator out and checked the clutch fork but thanks for the advice 👍🏻😊

Hmmm....I bet it needs reteaching to get it back to where it wants to be, again a STAR is  probably needed.....if you can afford look into one cloned of course.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Best-MB-STAR-C3-Pro-Multiplexer-Top-Quality-Full-Set-With-5-Red-Cables-Free-DHL/163956659795?hash=item262c941653:g:dkQAAOSw7q5d2AYO

do some research on which laptop it requires, I think an old DELL640........but not 1000% sure.

1 person likes this

Hoping to get the car up in the air tomorrow, pull the rear left wheel off and have a look at the wiring. Does the intercooler have to come out in order to pull the wiring loom up into the engine hatch?