Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shirl

The 4th Annual Smart Car Mystery Run

123 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Good day to one and all,

Well it would seem that the time is almost upon us once again. I am looking forward to seeing if you enjoy what I have cooked up for you this year.

As always, I am not telling much of what is going to take place :D

Here is what what I will share with yiou for now. .

For those who are going to be in town early.

Friday July 6th th Car Wash at Hamilton Harbour West

Cruise to Hutches on the beach

Saturday July 7th 2012 For those coming from London and surounding areas, there are going to be some of us meeting at the Tim Horton's on Hwy #20 just up from the QEW. (Across from the Home Depot), We will leave there shortly after 9:00 am

We will leave there and Convoy (I work with to many truckers LOL) to

Glendale Ave and QEW 221 Glendale Ave Hwy #89 cut off from QEW St Catherines. Where we will actually be starting from, so if you miss meeting up with us in Hamilton thats okay, you can still catch us on the second stage.

Start time 10:00 am at Glendale Location With of course coffee and donuts to get the day started.

End time of the actual run will be about 5:30 give or take a few of minutes.

Dinner will be 5:30- 6:00 pm.

Cost is $15.00 per person for the Mystery Run.

This year we will be setting up dinner a little differently. We will be having a buffet dinner set up.

We wil let you know about cost and location shortly.

We will have a seperate sign up again this year for the run and for the dinner. :)

Be sure to bring your cameras.

Be sure to check with Karen (Tardis) by the way, she has come up with a delightful logo for the Mystery run and she does such a wonderful job.

Sorry folks that all you get for now.

I will start the ball rolling: Bill & Jeff They will be in Bill's car at the tail end of things. (Jeff is our camera man who will be video taping the event so people can get copies later if they chose, there won't be a cost, I will make some copies after the run and send them to you. You will just have to be sure I have your mailing address. )

Sign up list for the Mystery Run ( Please be sure to add your name below if you are going to stay for the buffet and prizes after the run

1) Shirley & Christie in Titan

2) Amy & Ed in Tiggre

3) Toni & Sofia

4) William H. and William E. in Labeeba

5) Andrew and Becca in Bessy

6) John

7) Ron & Dot in Bruised (or Silverwing, depending on weather)

8) Max in Flossy

9) Mathieu, possibly Mariam

10) Tom & Sherry in IGTSMRT

11) Elaine & John (Adelaide J )

12) Ned & Crystal

13) James & Yuqi in Garfield (i think that's what we'll call her...him?)

14) Susan in Sparkle

15) Bill in Darwin ( cadillacman )

16) "Mike" & Lorne

17) jp+1 in hobbes' as yet unnamed successor

18) Britsmart ( in the Rover taking up the rear, however I love smart meets )

19) Laura

20) Karen & Jake in Tardis

21) Adele2cats & the wee car

22) Tony and Catherine

23) Bill & Jeff in the tailer car.

Sign up list for the dinner: Dinner cost is $22.00 per person, That is for Food. Beverages are Juice, Pop or water. The cost will drop as people sign up.

1) Shirley and Bill

2) Jeff 7 Christie

3) Amy and Ed

4) Toni and Sofia

5) John

6) Max

7) Ron & Dot

8) Tom & Sherry

9) William H. and William E.

10) Elaine & John

11) Ned & Crystal

12) Susan in Sparkle

13) Mike & Lorne

14) jp+1

15) Britsmart

16) Laura

17) Karen & Jake

18) Adele2cats

19) Tony and Catherine

20)

Edited by Shirl

Sign up list1) Shirley & Catherine in Titan2) Amy & Ed in Tiggre3) Toni & Sofia4) William in Labeeba

Sign up list1) Shirley & Catherine in Titan2) Amy & Ed in Tiggre3) Toni & Sofia4) William in Labeeba5) Andrew and Becca in Bessy :)

Sign up list1) Shirley & Catherine in Titan2) Amy & Ed in Tiggre3) Toni & Sofia4) William in Labeeba5) Andrew and Becca in Bessy6) JohnThanks for putting another Mystery Run together! :)PS - posted this on SCoA also.

Sign up list1) Shirley & Catherine in Titan2) Amy & Ed in Tiggre3) Toni & Sofia4) William in Labeeba5) Andrew and Becca in Bessy6) John7) Ron & Dot in Bruised (or Silverwing, depending on weather)

Haven't done this trip before looking forward to it.Do you book a particular hotel or motel for the out of town people?If so, can you post details of the hotel?Canman

Sign up list1) Shirley & Catherine in Titan2) Amy & Ed in Tiggre3) Toni & Sofia4) William in Labeeba5) Andrew and Becca in Bessy6) John7) Ron & Dot in Bruised (or Silverwing, depending on weather) 8) Max in Flossy

Haven't done this trip before looking forward to it.Do you book a particular hotel or motel for the out of town people?If so, can you post details of the hotel?Canman

FWIW, a few of us stayed at the Motel 6 near Burlington; nice place and not too expensive. Will probably book there again for July. http://www.motel6.com/reservations/motel_m...amp;CP=&TA= :)

Hello everyone. We do not want this to conflict with another run. At this stage, we can make a quick change to the date to the july 6th weekend as that was the other date we had free, For those who have signed up already, let me know if this is do able if we switch right now. I will just need to do this before Tuesday next week. :)Take care and be safe out there.

Hello everyone. We do not want this to conflict with another run. At this stage, we can make a quick change to the date to the july 6th weekend as that was the other date we had free, For those who have signed up already, let me know if this is do able if we switch right now. I will just need to do this before Tuesday next week. :)Take care and be safe out there.

Shirl, only change if you need to - I just wanted to point out the conflict, not suggest a change (although the 6th is my birthday :D ) Whatever works best for you.

Either weekend works for Spike and I, but it would be nice to be able to attend both events. Just a reminder though, if you do change the date, remember to change it in the original post. ;)

Ron

Good morning Everyone. you will see on the original post that I have changed the date to the 6th.

I am also going to set up a seperate sign up sheet for dinner again this year as not everyone can stay around for it. We will be doing a buffet this year in a place that we can all sit together.

I will post later this week the cost of the buffet. I am so excited that we are lucky enough to have a very good freind of mine who is an amazing cook put together some wonderful recipes for us. It took a little begging but Smart car drivers are worth it :) .

Sign up list for the Mystery Run ( Please be sure to add your name below if you are going to stay for the buffet and prizes after the run :) )

1) Shirley & Catherine in Titan

2) Amy & Ed in Tiggre

3) Toni & Sofia

4) William in Labeeba

5) Andrew and Becca in Bessy

6) John

7) Ron & Dot in Bruised (or Silverwing, depending on weather)

8) Max in Flossy

1) Shirley and Bill

2) Dave and Catherine

3) Amy and Ed

4) Toni and Sofia

Edited by Shirl

Sign up list for the dinner:1) Shirley and Bill2) Dave and Catherine3) Amy and Ed4) Toni and Sofia 5) John

I'll be going, Mathieu, also possibly Mariam... I still don't have a name for my car yet ;)

Sign up list for the Mystery Run ( Please be sure to add your name below if you are going to stay for the buffet and prizes after the run smile.gif )1) Shirley & Catherine in Titan2) Amy & Ed in Tiggre3) Toni & Sofia4) William in Labeeba5) Andrew and Becca in Bessy6) John7) Ron & Dot in Bruised (or Silverwing, depending on weather)8) Max in Flossy9) Mathieu, possibly MariamSign up list for the dinner:1) Shirley and Bill2) Dave and Catherine3) Amy and Ed4) Toni and Sofia 5) John6) Max

Sign up list for the Mystery Run ( Please be sure to add your name below if you are going to stay for the buffet and prizes after the run :)1) Shirley & Catherine in Titan2) Amy & Ed in Tiggre3) Toni & Sofia4) William in Labeeba5) Andrew and Becca in Bessy6) John7) Ron & Dot in Bruised (or Silverwing, depending on weather)8) Max in Flossy9) Mathieu, possibly MariamSign up list for the dinner:1) Shirley and Bill2) Dave and Catherine3) Amy and Ed4) Toni and Sofia 5) John6) Max 7) Ron & Dot

We have been waiting since last year to do this again!Sign up list for the Mystery Run ( Please be sure to add your name below if you are going to stay for the buffet and prizes after the run smile.gif1) Shirley & Catherine in Titan2) Amy & Ed in Tiggre3) Toni & Sofia4) William in Labeeba5) Andrew and Becca in Bessy6) John7) Ron & Dot in Bruised (or Silverwing, depending on weather)8) Max in Flossy9) Mathieu, possibly Mariam10) Tom & Sherry in IGTSMRTSign up list for the dinner:1) Shirley and Bill2) Dave and Catherine3) Amy and Ed4) Toni and Sofia5) John6) Max7) Ron & Dot8) Tom & Sherry

We have been waiting since last year to do this again!Sign up list for the Mystery Run ( Please be sure to add your name below if you are going to stay for the buffet and prizes after the run smile.gif1) Shirley & Catherine in Titan2) Amy & Ed in Tiggre3) Toni & Sofia4) William in Labeeba5) Andrew and Becca in Bessy6) John7) Ron & Dot in Bruised (or Silverwing, depending on weather)8) Max in Flossy9) Mathieu, possibly Mariam10) Tom & Sherry in IGTSMRT11) Canman & AngelinaSign up list for the dinner:1) Shirley and Bill2) Dave and Catherine3) Amy and Ed4) Toni and Sofia5) John6) Max7) Ron & Dot8) Tom & Sherry9) Canman & Angelina

Sign up list for the Mystery Run ( Please be sure to add your name below if you are going to stay for the buffet and prizes after the run smile.gif1) Shirley & Catherine in Titan2) Amy & Ed in Tiggre3) Toni & Sofia4) William in Labeeba5) Andrew and Becca in Bessy6) John7) Ron & Dot in Bruised (or Silverwing, depending on weather)8) Max in Flossy9) Mathieu, possibly Mariam10) Tom & Sherry in IGTSMRT11) Canman & AngelinaSign up list for the dinner:1) Shirley and Bill2) Dave and Catherine3) Amy and Ed4) Toni and Sofia5) John6) Max7) Ron & Dot8) Tom & Sherry9) Canman & Angelina10) William

Sign up list for the Mystery Run ( Please be sure to add your name below if you are going to stay for the buffet and prizes after the run smile.gif1) Shirley & Catherine in Titan2) Amy & Ed in Tiggre3) Toni & Sofia4) William in Labeeba5) Andrew and Becca in Bessy6) John7) Ron & Dot in Bruised (or Silverwing, depending on weather)8) Max in Flossy9) Mathieu, possibly Mariam10) Tom & Sherry in IGTSMRT11) Canman & Angelina12) Elaine & John (Adelaide J )Sign up list for the dinner:1) Shirley and Bill2) Dave and Catherine3) Amy and Ed4) Toni and Sofia5) John6) Max7) Ron & Dot8) Tom & Sherry9) Canman & Angelina10) William

11 Elaine & John Edited by adelaide J