Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shirl

The 4th Annual Smart Car Mystery Run

123 posts in this topic

Added Tony and Catherine to the listSign up list for the Mystery Run ( Please be sure to add your name below if you are going to stay for the buffet and prizes after the run :)1) Shirley & Catherine in Titan2) Amy & Ed in Tiggre3) Toni & Sofia4) William H. and William E. in Labeeba5) Andrew and Becca in Bessy6) John7) Ron & Dot in Bruised (or Silverwing, depending on weather)8) Max in Flossy9) Mathieu, possibly Mariam10) Tom & Sherry in IGTSMRT11) Elaine & John (Adelaide J )12) Ned & Crystal13) James & Yuqi in Garfield (i think that's what we'll call her...him?)14) Susan in Sparkle15) Bill in Darwin ( cadillacman )16) "Mike" & Lorne17) jp+1 in hobbes' as yet unnamed successor18) Britsmart ( in the Rover taking up the rear, however I love smart meets )19) Laura20) Karen & Jake in Tardis21) Adele2cats & the wee car22) Tony and Catherine23) Sign up list for the dinner: :D1) Shirley and Bill2) Dave and Catherine3) Amy and Ed4) Toni and Sofia5) John6) Max7) Ron & Dot8) Tom & Sherry9) William H. and William E.10) Elaine & John11) Ned & Crystal12) Susan in Sparkle13) Mike & Lorne14) jp+115) Britsmart16) Laura17) Karen & Jake18) Adele2cats19) Tony and Catherine20)

Hi Just heard from ShirlShe is very sorry she still has no internet at home and her work computer will not allow her to see the club site. She is working on it and misses all of you and especially reading all your antics. :huh: She wishes to assure you all the mystery run is still a go. We hope she will be back soon. We have had some orders for shirts too and remind you that I have to order these about a week or so before the run to be able to embroider on them in time so don't delay too long before ordering yours or it may get to be too late. I will of course keep you updated as to the date I will be ordering.Also Shirl will need to know the numbers registered soon to make sure all her mystery stops are prepared for us rowdy smarties. I realize as does Shirl there are some of you are waiting to see if the weather is good or you can get away for the day. Hopefully you will sign up soon it's gonna be a fantastic run this year. :lol: cheers Karen

HELLO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer: Yep, it is me and I am at work but what the heck, the Mystery run comes first LOL A special thanks to Karen for emailing and keeping touch with me through my work so I could let everyone know the run was still on. Thanks again Kind Lady

Well, I do hope everyone is up to an fun filled day cause that is what is on the go. We will be a go rain or shine.

We have to to start a two part meet up to make life interesting.. just kidding.

For those who have to go through or by Hamilton, lets meet at the Tim Horton ons HWy #20 which is also called Centenial Parkway.

Now we need to leave there as close to 9:am as possbile, (sorry for those who are coming from the far outskirts but we have a full day for sure.)

I would like to see us hit the hwy shortly after 9. We can Convoy to the next stop.

Second stop and first meet up (and bathroom stop for those of us from the first stop) is the Time Horton's /Wendy's at Glendale in St Catherines.

Reginal RD 89

Now bring lots of batteries or really charge up those cameras :camera: as I am sure you are going to want them :)

Don't forget sunscreen this year. Several people got a little red last year :(

I know you were also wondering about dinner. well each person it is going to cost $22.00 all inclusive.

Don't forget, after dinner is for the 50/50 draw and all the prizes.

So if you have not signed up, be sure to do so, have added a little surpise in this years on top of the normal unknown run after all it is a Mystery Run LOL

So let me know if you are meeting at the first stage or the second. This way I know to watch out for you..

For those of us from the 'states' that be the Tim's at HWY #20 and Barton St. and Tim's at Glendale Ave and Tremont Dr. correct? :D

Hi thereYes, the early meeting spot is hwy #20 off Barton street and the second place is at the Tims at GLendale. Thought it. Would be fun traveling together.This so great, I am now getting this to my work phone as well.

Good day to one and all,Well it would seem that the time is almost upon us once again. I am looking forward to seeing if you enjoy what I have cooked up for you this year. As always, I am not telling much of what is going to take place Here is what what I will share with yiou for now. . For those who are going to be in town early.Friday July 6th th Car Wash at Hamilton Harbour WestCruise to Hutches on the beachSaturday July 7th 2012 For those coming from London and surounding areas, there are going to be some of us meeting at the Tim Horton's on Hwy #20 just up from the QEW. Corner of Centenial PKWY and Bancroft. (Across from the Home Depot), We will leave there shortly after 9:00 amWe will leave there and Convoy (I work with to many truckers LOL) to 443 Mississauga St Niagara-on-the-Lake, L0S 1J01. Queen Elizabeth Way 2. Take exit 38B for Regional Road 89/​Glendale Avenue N toward Niagara-on-the-Lake 400 m 3. Turn right onto Glendale Ave/​Regional Road 89 550 m 4. Turn left onto York Rd/​Regional Road 81 (signs for Virgil/​Niagara-on-the-Lake) You have reached the Tim Hortons. ‎(Just in case you can call my cell 289-921-9413 to know where we are ) Where we will actually be starting from, so if you miss meeting up with us in Hamilton thats okay, you can still catch us on the second stage.Start time 10:00 am at Tim Hortons (Niagara on the lake location) With of course coffee and donuts to get the day started.End time of the actual run will be about 5:30 give or take a few of minutes.Dinner will be 5:30- 6:00 pm. Cost is $15.00 per person for the Mystery Run.This year we will be setting up dinner a little differently. We will be having a buffet dinner set up. We wil let you know about cost and location shortly.We will have a seperate sign up again this year for the run and for the dinner. Be sure to bring your cameras. Be sure to check with Karen (Tardis) by the way, she has come up with a delightful logo for the Mystery run and she does such a wonderful job. Sorry folks that all you get for now. I will start the ball rolling: Bill & Jeff They will be in Bill's car at the tail end of things. (Jeff is our camera man who will be video taping the event so people can get copies later if they chose, there won't be a cost, I will make some copies after the run and send them to you. You will just have to be sure I have your mailing address. )Sign up list for the Mystery Run ( Please be sure to add your name below if you are going to stay for the buffet and prizes after the run 1) Shirley & Christie in Titan2) Amy & Ed in Tiggre3) Toni & Sofia4) William H. and William E. in Labeeba5) Andrew and Becca in Bessy6) John7) Ron & Dot in Bruised (or Silverwing, depending on weather)8) Max in Flossy9) Mathieu, possibly Mariam10) Tom & Sherry in IGTSMRT11) Elaine & John (Adelaide J )12) Ned & Crystal13) James & Yuqi in Garfield (i think that's what we'll call her...him?)14) Susan in Sparkle15) Bill in Darwin ( cadillacman )16) "Mike" & Lorne17) jp+1 in hobbes' as yet unnamed successor18) Britsmart ( in the Rover taking up the rear, however I love smart meets )19) Laura20) Karen & Jake in Tardis21) Adele2cats & the wee car22) Tony and Catherine23) Bill & Jeff in the tailer car. Sign up list for the dinner: Dinner cost is $22.00 per person, That is for Food. Beverages are Juice, Pop or water. The cost will drop as people sign up. 1) Shirley and Bill2) Jeff 7 Christie3) Amy and Ed4) Toni and Sofia5) John6) Max7) Ron & Dot8) Tom & Sherry9) William H. and William E.10) Elaine & John11) Ned & Crystal12) Susan in Sparkle13) Mike & Lorne14) jp+115) Britsmart16) Laura17) Karen & Jake18) Adele2cats19) Tony and Catherine20)

Edited by Shirl

Thanks Shirl! Good to see you posting again - see you all soon! :)For us non-locals, it appears the first stop is at Tim Hortons 315 Centennial Parkway North, Hamilton, ON L8E 2X3, Canada and the second stop is at or near The Pen Centre 221 Glendale Avenue, St Catharines, ON L2T 2K9, Canada (there's a Tim Hortons near there?) Too many opportunities to get lost even with the GPS.

Good morning,No worries, I have moved the second location to and easier drop in. Both are just off the QEW. The first one is 2 minutes from QEW Corner of Centenial Parkway and Bancroft St. From QEW Hamilton Ontario1.Turn right onto Hwy-20 / RR-20 / Centennial Pkwy N 312 Centenial parkway Hamilton onFor the second stop, I will make this one easier as well. I have changed the Tim's Location to right off the hwy :)Queen Elizabeth WaySt Catharines, ON 1. Queen Elizabeth Way 2. Take exit 89/​Glendale Avenue N toward Niagara-on-the-Lake 400 m 3. Turn right onto Glendale Ave/​Regional Road 89 550 m 4. Turn left onto York Rd/​Regional Road 81 (signs for Virgil/​Niagara-on-the-Lake) You have reached the Tim Hortons. ‎(Just in case you can call my cell 289-921-9413 to know where we are )

Edited by Shirl

Hi Gangwell I have set the cut off date for ordering the mystery run (one of a kind) embroidered t shirts it is this coming Sunday. After that sorry I will not have any extras. Remember the spa dog rally then too I had to have a cutoff date and then no more. well the day came and at least 6 of you wanted to order twelve more shirts! I had to say sorry. Some even offered to pay more and have one shipped so don't hesitate this time and order yours early.again they are only $12.00 each and are good quality cotton embroidered shirts.PM me to order and get your name on the list the sizes are M, L, XL, XXL,XXXLwow this is getting exciting only 11 sleeps :lol: another reminder this is the once a year one big meet for smarties, Shirl has done a fantastic job of finding just the right fit for a get together. and no she hasn't even let me in on most of the stuff that will be going on I just know we are in for a treat. don't miss it.cheers Karen

Finally got the motels sorted out, really looking forward to getting to some cooler weather (relatively!) :)

ONE WEEK to go :bustamove: yahoo can't wait . also just one more day to order your shirt. Midnight sunday is the cutoff date for ordering. so far 18 lucky smarties will be sporting a cool new mystery shirt.Karen

Good day one and all, Hope everyone is have a wonderful long weekend. For those who had to work, I hope you got to enjoy some of the weekend. A few more days and the run will be upon us. All the i's are dotted and the T's have been crossed and roads have been pre-driven. I am really looking forward to putting you guys though the paces. Just kidding or am I??? Have lots planned and hope you all enjoy the run this year. I know I will. Looking forward to seeing you allTake care and drive safe

Can not wait!We will be up Friday afternoon, we are spending Wednesday and Thursday on Pelee Island and taking the ferry over Friday morning.See you then.

Good day one and all, Hope everyone is have a wonderful long weekend. For those who had to work, I hope you got to enjoy some of the weekend. A few more days and the run will be upon us. All the i's are dotted and the T's have been crossed and roads have been pre-driven. I am really looking forward to putting you guys though the paces. Just kidding or am I??? Have lots planned and hope you all enjoy the run this year. I know I will. Looking forward to seeing you allTake care and drive safe

The count down is on :) Long range forecast is the looking good.Sign up list for the Mystery Run ( Please be sure to add your name below if you are going to stay for the buffet and prizes after the run 1) Shirley & Christie in Titan2) Amy & Ed in Tiggre3) Toni & Sofia4) William H. and William E. in Labeeba5) Andrew and Becca in Bessy6) John7) Ron & Dot in Bruised (or Silverwing, depending on weather)8) Max in Flossy9) Mathieu, possibly Mariam10) Tom & Sherry in IGTSMRT11) Elaine & John (Adelaide J )12) Ned & Crystal13) James & Yuqi in Garfield (i think that's what we'll call her...him?)14) Susan in Sparkle15) Bill in Darwin ( cadillacman )16) "Mike" & Lorne17) jp+1 in hobbes' as yet unnamed successor18) Britsmart ( in the Rover taking up the rear, however I love smart meets )19) Laura20) Karen & Jake in Tardis21) Adele2cats & the wee car22) Tony and Catherine23) Bill & Jeff in the tailer car. Sign up list for the dinner: Dinner cost is $22.00 per person, That is for Food. Beverages are Juice, Pop or water. The cost will drop as people sign up. 1) Shirley and Bill2) Jeff 7 Christie3) Amy and Ed4) Toni and Sofia5) John6) Max7) Ron & Dot8) Tom & Sherry9) William H. and William E.10) Elaine & John11) Ned & Crystal12) Susan in Sparkle13) Mike & Lorne14) jp+115) Britsmart16) Laura17) Karen & Jake18) Adele2cats19) Tony and Catherine20)

Okay, that is strange that your profile picture is attached to it. I thought you had to post a comment on FB fior your profile picture toi be attached. Hmmm.

Good day everyone.I can't believe the Mystery Run is almost upon us. a couple more days everyone. Be sure to sign up. Does anyone know which meeting spot they will be going to meet at? Take care Shirl

For those who are going to be in town early.Friday July 6th th Car Wash at Hamilton Harbour WestCruise to Hutches on the beach

Shirl - we (Barb & Dave in RUBY) are not going to be able to attend on Saturday. We would like to join the cruise to Hutches on Friday evening. What time to meet, and exactly where? Thanks!

Posted (edited) · Report post

smart Canada posted a link to this event on Facebook today.

Uh...weird, on FB, it says Friday, July 6...I thought it is on Saturday, July 7, no?[Edit]: never mind... Edited by falcon_1898

Hi Barb and Dave,Sorry to hear you will not be joining us for the Mystery Run.To start for Friday the 6th, we will meet at Hamilton Harbour West. Some will be washing thier cars so you will see us there. The wash starts about 4:00 pm and we will head to Hutches on the Beach about 5:00 pm. We will be taking the scenic route there.I look forward to seeing you.Take careShirl