Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bilgladstone

Targa Canada West Rally, Vernon, May 11-13

16 posts in this topic

http://www.targacanadawest.com/

Targa Tour: May 11-13, 2012

Save this date!

Targa Tour is presented by Targa Canada West & Porsche Club of America's BC Interior Region (PCA BCIR). Premier Sponsors: Motor Werke & Lakeshore Vein & Aesthetics Clinic.

Sparkling Hill Resort, near Vernon, BC, Canada, a luxurious mountain resort with dramatic architecture... and an award winning spa. It is located right beside Predator Ridge Resort, home to one of BC's finest golf courses.

Description

Fun Tarmac Rally (Not a Race)

Mountains of motorsport adventure on BC's most exciting roads. This is a social and driving event welcoming sports cars of all makes and vintages, and the official spring event of the BC Interior Region Porsche Club (BCIR PCA).

Friday evening sports car enthusiasts meet at Sparkling Hill Resort: a perfect setting for good friends, food and wine.

Saturday features a fun and lightly competitive rally on some of the world's twistiest paved roads. A tarmac rally with a unique format: more fun than it is competitive (suitable for novices yet entertaining for the experienced).This event is a rally, not a race.

Sunday morning wraps up with a relaxed Show & Shine in a magnificent setting.

(By tradition, the exact route of the Targa Tour will remain a secret until the day before... but we promise you a wonderful route and a lot of fun.)

A Perfect Mother's Day: Sunday May 13 Treat her either day (Sat or Sun) to the world class KurSpa and/or Predator Ridge Golf Course (next door) on and get out of her hair and into your car for a day of BC's twistiest roads.

Event registration & details (cost, accommodation etc.) coming soon via email & www.targacanadawest.com.

Targa Canada West's Goal & See the 2011 Event Video

We work towards the Holy Grail of the West's first closed public road tarmac Targa event... participate and support the dream. See the 2011 Video...

Thanks to Partners & Sponsors

Porsche Club: BCIR PCA & Targa Canada West

Motor Werke

Lakeshore Vein & Aesthetics Clinic

Graycon Group: Real IT

Interested in your car club being a partner or your business being a 2012 sponsor? Contact us now.

Sincerely,

Duane Bentley

BCIR Porsche Club of America (PCA) and Targa Canada West

I will post more info/cost etc as it becomes available

Bil :drive:

Run what you brung, that's my motto.

If anyone needs a co-driver, I could be game. I have rallying experience from 30 years ago....

I am anxiously awaiting entry/cost details... The 'tween lakes upland area is quite beautiful and the roads are all twisty and fun. I'm not remotely interested in the host venue itself, but if I can manage to get into the Saturday fun rally (it's not a race or a true rally), I'd really like that.It should be affordable this time, without the expense of time-keepers and marshals, etc. And I know from past correspondence with TCW management that they would be super happy to see smarts on board.B :drive:

Edited by bilgladstone

I got an early-bird update this morning.

Bil,

The entry fee will about $95.

(Accommodation and meals are separate.)

All details coming soon, except of course the actual rally route -- secret by tradition until just before :)

Thanks for your enthusiasm!

Cheers,

Duane Bentley / CEO

TARGA Canada West ▀▄▀▄

Mountains of motorsport adventure.

duane@targacanadawest.com

203-3295 Lakeshore Rd, Kelowna, BC, Canada V1W 3S9

tel +1.250.980.3577

tfree +1.877.980.3577

That's cheap, I should get Snowball out there for the occasion.

Registrations are open!

http://www.targacanadawest.com/index.php/t...nt-details.html

The cost is $110 per car / team (includes up to two people). This includes Friday night Wine & Cheese (four drink tickets and hors d'oeuvre), Saturday Rally and potentially fame, glory and a chance for thousands in prizes; and Sunday morning Car Show – she will look great nestled into the grand entrance of Sparkling Hill Resort.

Bil :drive:

Most recent entry into the May 2012 Targa Tour? Aston Martin Vantage. Before that... 2010 Porsche GT3.

Hmm... smart Canada One??

B :drive:

I read the description and was disappointed to see that it's a treasure hunt ranther than a proper navigation rally. Co-drivers are optional?!? Think I'll pass.

Yeah, me too. A legitimate TDS rally would cost 5x the price to enter. And the Ministry would likely have put the kibosh on it like the last two tries anyway. I think this is the only way TCW could make it happen.

But yeah, it is kind of a "let's all go to an ostentatious luxury Euro-spa - where cure is spelled 'kur' - and show off our awesome cars to one-another" thing for the high-end Porsche crowd.

Sigh :drive:

When I was rallying in the early 80s, they were usually navigation rallies in the Fraser Valley run by the Columbian Auosport Club or ones in Vancouver run by the UBC Sports Car Club....in both cases the police were notified but the average speeds in the different stages were within speed limit range so there would have been no "mandatory violations". It seems to me that the Porsche Club was not interested in a real rally because that would have been easy to do if they had maybe 20 volunteers to manage checkpoints. I guess for them it's either an all out road race or a treasure hunt.....so be it.Maybe a real sports car club in the Okanagan would be interested in doing a road rally with no special stages or dirt roads, I would be in for that.

I might just do a little Auto-X for fun this year. It's really the type of driving I have optimized the wee smartie to do.

TDS is too expensive, and drags are SO boring! ;)

B :drive:

PS, my tire guys says I won't get another winter out of my rear Hankook snowies (the fronts are perfect) so I guess I'll leave these on for awhile and scrub off some tread. Hmm... what fuse is the ESP again? Heh-heh