Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Little_Smartie

Smart On Its Side

10 posts in this topic

I was out of town this weekend, and Saturday morning I get a phone call from the Calgary Police. They found my smart car tipped on it's side. Some hooligans thought it would be funny to tip my baby over. Not quite the phone call I want to receive when I am out of time or at 9:30am. The cop mentioned he had it towed because I had belongings in it, and didn't want to risk those being taken. When I got back into town, went to the impound lot to see my baby. The cop said the side mirror was smashed and it had a few dents. I take a look at it, and my front and back panels are cracked with a few holes in it. Those are not dents people, there are holes. The frame and all looked okay, so we got in and attempted to drive it away. Nope. There was no power to the vehicle at all. Not even my key would work. We didn't bother trying to boost it, we just had to towed to Smart. We think there may be a safety mechanism that cut all power to the vehicle, or something (a light or alarm) were going off all night and killed all the power. It was sad to see my baby on the tow truck and looking all rough. I hope Smart can make it better. On the plus side, since they have to order new panels, I may change it's colour (currently Silver), I am thinking to change it to orange or black.

Sad that idiots think vandalizing a car is funny.Better check the oil level before you try and start it since it may have migrated elsewhere, and there is not much in there to begin.Norm

Bastards! The human race has lots of bottom-feeders in it, unfortunately.

I wish they could find the people who do this and make them jerks pay for the damage and cost ro repai the car. You really have to wonder ehat makes some people tick inside.Hope all turns out okay and the car can be fixed.Wendy

I hope the police catch the SOB that did that to your smart! Let's hope that MB can repair it back to it original condition.Blair

Sorry to hear that. I tooo wish they could find the guys that did it and make them pay for the repairs. This kind of thing is just so aggravating.

Unfortunatly Canada's justice system sucks, so if they find the Vandals and manage to get a conviction, that alone is not enough to have them pay for the damage.If the vandals are not Caught AND ConvictedYour car insuarance may cover vandalism.You can pay out of pocket.IF the vandals are Caught AND Convicted:You can sue them in civil court and pay all associated fees (you can sue for the fees too)Your insuarance company can sue themYou can make a claim to Victim Services and get a portion of your money backEitherway someone has to pay upfront.I know all this because at my work when someone steals $1200 worth of merchandise and we get their plate number and the cops catch them and recover all the property...we don't get the property back, we have to wait till they are convicted then sue them or make a claim. That's why now we tackle and restrain the people before they leave the store that way we get to keep the product and they get arrested

but its not thief till you walk out the door with out paying.

It's theft as soon as you "Poccess and Conceal" according to the Criminal Code.The key is they have to conceal it and we have to have evidence (video), we have to be sure to cover our butts. The ones we tackle are all these Organized Criminals come in and one distracts the salesperson while the other start clearing the shelf into a large purse, or hockey bag in one case.But back on topic, I would find out more about making a claim to victim services.

I thought these were the days of yore....but now? maybe those dim wits had inbred offspring that inherited the retard gene.Hope you get the car back with a new look :)