Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smartnhappy

Cruizin - Thursday July 05th At The Plunkett Estate

20 posts in this topic

I've just confirmed Smart Cars as the featured participants at the weekly Hyde Park Lions Club Charity Cruizin.

It's at Steve Plunkett's Fleetwood Farms estate, 9282 Elviage Drive, London (really Lambeth, for those of us in the know).

It runs from 6 PM to dusk on Thursday July 05th, 2012.

Lions Club cooks up burgers and hot dogs, and pop is available, all for charity.

I believe a donation is requested on entering the grounds, again all for charity.

Once again I've arranged for the Smart cars to ring the pond as in years past, offering some great photo opportunities.

I hear that there could be some new people show up, coming from the U.S. for the weekend's festivities in Niagara Falls.

That's great! The more, the merrier!

''The core group can meet up in Lambeth at the Foodland parking lot between 5 and 5:30 (same as last year), and we all can leave together.''

Sign-Up Sheet

1. Bill

Sign-Up Sheet1. Bill2. Glenn & Liz3. Sophie & Trevor4.5.6.7.8.910.11.12.13.14.15.

Sign-Up Sheet1. Bill2. Glenn & Liz3. Sophie & Trevor4. Ron & Dot5.6.7.8.910.11.12.13.14.15.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Wonder if I can sneak the Fiat in? The Volt would be too low to go over the bridge.

Edited by ianjay

Sign-Up Sheet1. Bill2. Glenn & Liz3. Sophie & Trevor4. Ron & Dot5. John (jwight)6.7.8.910.11.12.13.14.15. Added to the Canadian itinerary for July! :)

Sign-Up Sheet1. Bill2. Glenn & Liz3. Sophie & Trevor4. Ron & Dot5. Ianjay?6. John (jwight)7. William8.910.11.12.13.14.15.

Edited by Huronlad

Sign-Up Sheet1. Bill2. Glenn & Liz3. Sophie & Trevor4. Ron & Dot5. Ianjay?6. John (jwight)7. William8. Gordon driving CHOCULA (+ one banjo)910.11.12.13.14.15.

Edited by Gordon

OK, have a place to stay sorted out; will drive from Dayton Thursday morning and do the ferry crossing at Marine City - Sombra. Are we meeting up in London as last year? :)

Sounds good!''The core group can meet up in Lambeth at the Foodland parking lot between 5 and 5:30 (same as last year), and we all can leave together.''

Sign-Up Sheet1. Bill2. Glenn & Liz3. Sophie & Trevor4. Ron & Dot5. Ianjay?6. John (jwight)7. William8. Gordon driving CHOCULA (+ one banjo)9. Caroline & Nancy10.11.12.13.14.15.

Sign-Up Sheet1. Bill2. Glenn & Liz3. Sophie & Trevor4. Ron & Dot5. Ianjay?6. John (jwight)7. William8. Gordon driving CHOCULA (+ one banjo)9. Caroline & Nancy10. Shirl & Bill in Titan11.12.13.14.15.

Today's the day!

Weather forcast is sunny and hot.

Probability of precipitation is 20% this afternoon and 10% this evening. with a predicted high of 33C (91.4F)

I will be bringing some ice with me. ;)

Ron :bike:

It does not look like I will be in attendance tonight. I have a job interview tomorrow that I need to pull together a few items for.Hopefully the weather will be agreeable for those attending Plunkett's tonight.

Landed in London around 3 o'clock. See you at the Foodland! :)

Cruise doesn't start till 6pm, and due to the HOT weather, I suggest we meet up at 5:30 and then leave at 5:45.No need to stand around in a hot parking lot :sun::D:sun:

Hi Glen,Bill and I are still at work in Toronto. Not sure if we are going to make it. Drivers are coming in and telling me the traffic is horrid. We are going to take the 401 in and if we do not make it to #hwy 6 by at least 6-6:30, then there is no point in us even trying to make it further, You will all be ready to leave the park by the time we make it to London. But we will give it a go. Hope to see you there :)Gotta love the traffic. cough cough

Edited by Shirl

How was the event?Was it successful?Was it enjoyable?Sorry I couldn't attend (last minute change).Attendance? Weather? Photos?Would everyone like to see us repeat this event in the future?Any suggestions for improvements?

Hey BillThe event was held under hot, humid weather with little or no breeze. That most likely resulted in the less than normal turn-out of smarties AND the usual entries in this event. That said, it was still a good event with good music, prizes and interesting cars. One very nice example was the '64 Corvette pictured below.I'm sure there are other pictures of the event out there. We just need to get them uploaded.In my opinion, this is worth repeating. It's an enjoyable outing that lets us view a variety of machines that don't get displayed often, and also exposes our smarts to car enthusiasts. About the only 'improvement' I could imagine would be better weather. You're good, but not THAT good, I'm afraid. ;)Thanks for aranging this Bill.

post-7529-1341783345_thumb.jpg

post-7529-1341783364_thumb.jpg

post-7529-1341783379_thumb.jpg

Sorry we missed it, too. We had company and just couldn't manage it. The hot weather certainly diminished the numbers. Hope to make the next one.