Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kitkatt1960

Clip For H7 Headlamp

3 posts in this topic

OK, I admit it, I am a klutz.I was changing the bulb on my headlight and the clip disappeared into someplace in the bottom of the car....I called the dealer and he told me that it would cost me the price of an entire new light assembly..... over $400....so I am currently playing "red green" and holding it in place with duct tape.....where can I get a clip for a reasonable price?

I would go to a junk yard and just look at a bunch of cars to see if you can find one that's the same, I used to own a focus and it used a different type of bulb but the clip looked almost the same. I'm sure there's another car out there that uses the same clip or something close enough.

This has come up before. If anyone finds a source be sure to post it, but my best suggestion is to pull the nose off for better access, take out the other side clip, find an old spring of the correct wire size and bend one up. Paper clips are too soft wire to work, you want proper spring wire. A real pain indeed to lose one! $400 for a little tiny piece of wire.