Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CruiseMissle

Flat Tire Kit

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I looked thru all the topics and did not find anybody discussing using the smart provided plastic bottle of flat tire sealantHad surprise opportunity to use it last month, picked up a nail in a parking lotthe enclosed air pump worked as advertised, once I found it, but the air kept leaking outso I slightly moved the car so the defect was at the bottom of the tire, against the groundthen introduced the sealant into the pump, they say to use the entire contents, 300 ml, which I did( but the plastic bottle is translucent, so it's difficult to determine when that is )waited the proscribed 10 minutes, and drove slightly forwardair held & made it to my shop, was unable to fix it until next day, was still holding pressure fineupon removing the tire the sealant cleaned up easyfixed defect and good ever sincein consideration of possible future use, cleaned up the pump with soapy water & dried it, and tested it, all oknoticed on the sealant bottle a date code expiration, which was pastI need to replace the bottle of sealant soonhas anybody else gone thru this ?( of course, this may never have occurred if the engine was diesel, and the transmission manual, just sayin' )

post-329-1342285195_thumb.png

I have never had to use it but had heard that the sealant was rubber based and hard to remove. What did you use to remove it from inside the tire? I have replace the supplied sealant with Tire Lyna for which I am a distributor, will leave it at that as I don't want to hi-jack this thread.Alan

I have never had to use it but had heard that the sealant was rubber based and hard to remove. What did you use to remove it from inside the tire? I have replace the supplied sealant with Tire Lyna for which I am a distributor, will leave it at that as I don't want to hi-jack this thread.Alan

It was the next day, and the sealant was still viscous, so just wiped it outnew stem assembly of courseI have never used Tire Lyna, but went to the web site: http://www.tirelyna.com/it looks like some pretty good stuff, particularly if Michelin ok's itI have a 10 wheeler that I'd like to convert the rear duals to super singlesJust extremely paranoid about getting a flat on one of them, and being stuck then and therewith TPMS, ( I use the Pressure Pro model ), you hopefully would know something is amiss before ending up on the side of the road( in the middle of nowhere, middle of the night, end of your thermos, etc )good tip,thanks,CM