Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blitz

Manitoba Smart Club

14 posts in this topic

Who is all in Winnipeg?? I was thinking of a track day at gimli, curcut track of course :D just think it would be fun and have a friendly competition

Well let's get some interest in a couple more members and do it up!!

Edited by blitz

Awesome guys! I havnt. Seen the manitoba smart club around it whomever to talk to. If need be pass the message along. Feel free to text me. 9903181

Donniedark is the contact for the Manitoba smart car club his real name is don campbell I think I have his phone number somewhere if you want it

We have recently moved to Winnipeg! We own 2 smarts so any helpful advice for this new to Winterpeg person would be much appreciated! :D

Welcome to Winnipeg.The smart club is not active but we still do an annual Fall Supper trip.PM me and we can meet for coffee.We drive a 2006 smart Passion.HIGH IQ

Good day ladies and gentlemen! Just purchased a used 2009 Smart Pure. I need some advice. First, where can I get another key made just to open the doors, without mortgaging my house.

Second, its gas powered, so, can I get away with regular gas or must I use premium all the time (45,000 klms.) Third, the ex-owner said he uses synthetic oil.... do I stick with that?

Sorry to be so needy already, but I love this "smart". Thanks so much, Bruce or CID if you wish. (consider it done).

I would stick with the highest octane, and the synthetic recommended oil,you will get better gas mileage, your under warranty still, but continue even after. see if your plugs have been changed at that milage, if not get them changed have some graphite spray on the threads and replace them, you will be good for 100,000 km till the next time you will have to change them. I have 380,000 km on mine and no engine problems, the only thing to check is the starter connection for corrosion, clean it and have it greased.

As for your extra fob I think your stuck having to buy a new one.

Welcome to the club!

Well good morning Wild, thanks for getting back. Great advice and I will adhere to it.

BTW - any reasonable backyard mechanics or otherwise that would do an honest tune up for me? Oops I see you are from Ontario and of course I am from Winterpeg. Blessings, Bruce

All the Smart's i see in Mabitoba some one of you have to be on here ?