Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Michelle21

Its About Time!

5 posts in this topic

Us new Smartie's think its about time we have another event here in the lower mainland!! We have had a bit of a look through the old forums and have seen no recent events. We need to show all of those other car owners that we are all proud smart owners!!

This may be a bit of a group effort in organizing. We need to see what day of the week works best for everyone, what time of day, etc.

I was thinking we need to give at least a month before we get together, so November some time. Any out of towners that are interested let us know if there is a certain time of month that works best for you. I'm thinking any time between early November and early December.

Anyways, lets play this by ear. Anyone who has been a part of this before can give us a hand in organize the drive because I'm totally new to this. We'll also have to decide on a location.

It is about time, I wish I could join you for this event but life is getting in my way. Come on people, join up!

I'd be in, though I'm afraid I'm not much help organizing from here. In the past we have done little drives and then wound up at a restaurant, or vice-versa. More elaborate meetings have been driving classes or big dinners e,g, Chinese New Year.

It's always good to have an appealing venue - scenic or historic. Or special cuisine at an interesting place. Can you think of someplace like that? I can't do much walking so hikes or whatever don't work for me.

[Just a couple of notions] I'd be interested to see the Vancouver Biodiesel Co-op . And in North Van there is a really cool restaurant called the Tomahawk that "lebikerboy" introduced me to that I wouldn't mind visiting again. Those are some of my ideas. There may be an interesting route that could be incorporated in such a mini-tour :dunno:

Destinations like that would give someone like me added incentive to make the drive in addition to meeting up with y'all.

Bil :sun:

No worries. I was thinking we go on a drive and then go out to eat. We just need to decide when and where ;) . The tomahawk place looks neat. If enough are interested in bio-diesel co-op we can look into that. We will have a mix of diesel and gassers, but either way it looks interesting.I was already thinking Vancouver would most likely be the area we meet in. I will look into some areas we could drive, see if there is any events that may be in the area in November. Locals can keep an eye out too.

Tomahawk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!