Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MikeT

Old Man Red

62 posts in this topic

Old Man Red goes into the dealer Wednesday AM for the diagnosis and at least an overnight stay (probably longer).

It's a blown axle seal, to be replaced Friday I hope (or maybe Thursday if I am lucky).

I don't ask for one. Not sure if they offer them actually, I should ask when I pick the car up.

I was a bit tempted to go check out a Ford when I was buying a car 2 weeks ago…but after reading the horror stories about yours, I'm glad I didn't.

I wouldn't call it a horror story - the B 200 was more of a horror story (leaking sunroof when brand new).

I really wonder how MB is still strong in the automotive industry when all I've heard from them are terrible customer service, and incompetent dealership techs?I ended up going with a 2004 Jetta TDI…though how much I paid for the jetta would be very similar to a 2013 loaded fiesta :(

Old Man Red was given to our son and daughter-in-law last month as a wedding present.  Its new name is Cranberry and it now lives in Vancouver.  So we're down to three cars!

1 person likes this