Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lito

About Rim And Tire Sizes - Please Help

40 posts in this topic

I run 215/35-17 Hankooks on 7.5 Brabus wheels on all four corners of my US spec Brabus coupe. No issues at all.

I run 215/35-17 Hankooks on 7.5 Brabus wheels on all four corners of my US spec Brabus coupe. No issues at all.

Do you have pictures?

Photo would not load for some reason. There is a current pic in the Introduce Yourself thread under What, No new pics of your smart car. It is post #8. Thanks.

Why not go 215/40? My Audi, smart, vw all have that size weirdly so I have a stock pile of extras and they're dead easy and cheap to find. Been using the nangkan ns-20's with success. . And $68/tire and lasts longer then the s-drives I'm not complaining.Going with a higher profile isn't a problem unless your smart is lowered or if your running larger rims. The wheel gap for the smarts are massive so not much problems with clearance. Just measure before you buy.

Edited by dmoonen

Why not go 215/40? My Audi, smart, vw all have that size weirdly so I have a stock pile of extras and they're dead easy and cheap to find. Been using the nangkan ns-20's with success. . And $68/tire and lasts longer then the s-drives I'm not complaining.Going with a higher profile isn't a problem unless your smart is lowered or if your running larger rims. The wheel gap for the smarts are massive so not much problems with clearance. Just measure before you buy.

Yeah, is see...What do you think of the 205/40r17 ? (Wheels are 17x6 front & 17x7.5 rear)Those are very easy to find hereI want "not to thin" tyres for the roads here are run down :(I have no modification done on my car and it is impossible to find 195/40r17 here:(Thank you so much for your insights!

Hey here's the recommended sizes for those rims:6.0 inch rim:Min:175 mmIdeal:185 or 195 mmMax:205 mm7.5 inches Min:205 mmIdeal:215 or 225 mmMax:235 mm

Hey here's the recommended sizes for those rims:6.0 inch rim:Min:175 mmIdeal:185 or 195 mmMax:205 mm7.5 inches Min:205 mmIdeal:215 or 225 mmMax:235 mm

OkThanks;)I probably go with 205/40 front and 215/40 rearThanks again!

The only issue is very hard sourcing 215/35/17 in Canada.

1010tires.comcan get the hankook ventus v4 very easy...

1010tires.comcan get the hankook ventus v4 very easy...

Tire rack is not hard neither. But 70+ listing price?

1010 is a little more $ the tirerack at firstbut its in canada... so no suprise duty fee, and free shipping... so the end price... is way cheaper when you look at the big picture

Honestly. I had never figuered out the shipping cost from 1010. How do they charge the tax then? 13%? Then two of 215/35/17 going to be 396.