Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SMARTER NOW

No Cruise Control Updated

44 posts in this topic

Overwrote my MAP and disabled my cruise control. :angry: :angry:

Those bastards re-flashed my ECU when they did the cluch drag point.

I had it in for the door handle recall and clutch drag point teach.

service report says;

176762 1.00 Performed EDG (ENGINE CONTROL UNIT) update and clutch

drag point re learn performed SDS test and cleared codes, road tested for

further concerns. None present at this time.

What's a SDS test?

The last time I had the clutch re-teach done they didn't do this.

I called screamming at the serice manager who said the car did not come from the factory with

the CC so he'll have to look into it. I said the car is at 177,000 kms and the Warr. expired in 2010

and that I should have been asked.

Said he'd get back to me Monday.

:angry: Fecken feck, if I have to fork out another $250 to get my CC back I'll flip. I do a min of 600km hwy a week

plus frequent trips to Ottawa and South Bend ID, the cruise is a must have item. :angry:

Edited by SMARTER NOW

[The consumer Protection Act , 2002 provides you with the rights in relation to having a motor vehicle repaired. If you have concerns about the work or repairs performed by the repairer or about your rights or duties under the Consumer Protection Act, 2002, you should contact the Ministry of Consumer and Business Services.

I hear you. People some times don't really care in a service position. We flashed a ecm at works and we ended up eating the 4500 program cost. My advice is to let the next service center know about the remap and other tid bits. That's what I am planning

Same thing happened to me.Sorry to tell you, if you have a European Mercedes Cruise Control, Mercedes Canada will not fix it because it is not OEM North American Equipment.Hope you have the TAN code because JC Recordings the supplier of aftermarket TAN codes is out of business and being sued by Mercedes.Canman

[The guy (who may remain nameless) has it and msg me saying "what's it's worth to you to re-install it?" after I had already paid him $250 the first time around for the TAN code and programing. So it seems he wants me to pay again for something that I already paid for, he should at least give me the TAN code that I paid for, and let me try to find someone to program it in. Or at least give me a price to program it back again, not a "what's it worth to you"!But you see i think he's pissed at me cause I didn't notice much differance in the remap that he did at the same time that I told him I couldn't afford another $250 for, but he insisted I would notice huge improvements, well anything that I noticed to me was not worth $250 as I was in the middle of a divorce and bankrupcey, so I told him a few days later that this was not worth $250 to me and he could have it back, which he replied how could he take it back, I said the next time he was in town he could put back my old one he said he save in the event I didn't care for the remap. As he lives two hours away but he is in my area on a regularly, just let me know and I'll met you.So I'm fecked, again it seems.How fair is that?

Edited by smart142

sorry to hear about this.reason as to y i dont want to let a dealer touch my car. i have enough problems getting parts from them

Sorry to read about this. Luckily I have my TAN for the white car (and the scrapped green and black car).

Keep after MB Burlington, they seem to do alot of un-authorized work. Check the Authorization Page (the one you signed when you dropped the car off) only the work on that sheet should have been done (free or not). If they scanned and cleared codes that is not right (now your car won't be ready for emissions test until you've driven enough in the right parameters for the moniters to run). P.S. was the recall work performed? Did they know about it now and such?

I'm glad I read this. I got the Door handle recall letter the other day, and still have to make an appointment to take the car in. I notice that the letter mentions, not only the door handle repair, but something about "any other service work required". or something to that affect. I'm going to be sure that they understand that they are not to touch anything else on the car.

As long as you still have your TAN code, unless they replaced your computer, you "should" be able to re-apply it, as the code should be for that computer.You'd need to find someone with Star to do it, but should not have to get a code generated again. (Some of them seem to "expire", but I don't think that one does)That's the thought anyway......Cheers!Dan

As long as you still have your TAN code, unless they replaced your computer, you "should" be able to re-apply it, as the code should be for that computer.You'd need to find someone with Star to do it, but should not have to get a code generated again. (Some of them seem to "expire", but I don't think that one does)That's the thought anyway......Cheers!Dan

The person I paid $250 to has my TAN code but will not give it to me. HE WANTS ME TO PAY FOR IT AGAIN!!!!!

I agree. That's a crappy bit of sleaze, assuming they have a record of the TAN somewhere.

The person I paid $250 to has my TAN code but will not give it to me. HE WANTS ME TO PAY FOR IT AGAIN!!!!!

Are you kidding? What a complete sleaze-ball! <_< I agree with Mike T. A public spanking if this individual is in order....in the interest of consumer protection. ;) There may be others considering using the slimes services but knowing how he operates, they may reconsider.

[Devil's Advocate] Without hearing the other side of this, it's entirely possible there has been some type of misunderstanding or miscommunication. [/Devil's Advocate]

Have not named him, because I have been giving him a chance to respond. And naming would hurt the good work he does, and I'm not cut from that cloth.I believe that having paid him the $250 for the TAN and activation, that TAN belongs to me.Like the time I went in to MB for the AIR BAG warring light and they reset my radio, they didn't say"How much is it worth to you to have a working radio?" even thou I was disputing the invoice they were charging me to fix the AIR BAG connector under the seat. They didn't say "pay the total invoice" and we'll put the code in for your radio.Like my earlier post, about him pressuring me to do the remap for another $250 after I had just paid him $250 for the cruise control, stating that this map was the bomb and everyone raves about it, I said I could not afford it, in fact the $250 for the CC was not in my budget as I thought I had a TAN already and was just going to pay for the service of him putting it in, but my TAN did not work, so I drove him to my bank and withdrew the $250 for the TAN. The CC now worked, but that's when the pressuring started about his MAP, I said no, he said "just try it you wont be sorry" and pay me later if you like it. Well I didn't notice much difference, at least not a $250 difference, so a few days later I said the MAP is not worth the $250 to me and he could put back my saved OEM Map. He replied "how could he do this" as we are over an hour apart, and I replied well the next time your in my area or Mississauga (which I know he is on a regular basis, as he had stopped by my work a number of times to sell me parts), he could contact me and I'll make myself and car available. That was the last time we spoke until now, and wants me to pay for the CC TAN again.Now I don't know this for a fact, but I'd bet that he did not do the engineering to make this MAP, but bought and copied this MAP. And now is pushing/selling this MAP on everyone who comes to do business with him, probably charging everyone the same price he paid for it. Kinda like buying movie for $25 bucks and coping the DVD and then selling the copies for $25.See this where I would differ, I would charge the $250 for the cruise control TAN and install, then I would offer to do the "copied" remap no cost, as a thanks for doing business with me.Maybe that's why I'm not in business.

There is no need to expose anyone here.This is a matter between the two of us to work out, and my rants are just that rants.And I have and still would endorce his work, and if we can work something out between us, I woud continue to employ his services.If anyone of whom I had been refering to please keep it to yourself, as this is a matter for him and I to workout.

The same rule does not apply to M-B Burlington I guess.

Edited by Huronlad

The same rule does not apply to M-B Burlington I guess.

I do see your point but I'm naming a dealership not a person.But if you were to read my posts on how they responded to my bringing the door handle recall notice to their attention and them saying this does not apply to my car, I blasted them.But when they finally, after several emails changed their tune and call to apologize to me for how I was treated, praised them and suggested for others to look them up as they had come around.If MB Bur. corrects their wrong, the same will hold true, I will let everyone know that are willing to get CC TAN codes and install them. I'm still waiting for their response, the service manager has a technician looking into this and seems sure that this will not be a problem, as of yesterdays phone call with him.

Just get a datacard printout for your car, which should show that V27 is active (cruise control), that will prove to M-B that the car had OEM cruise and therefore also prove that they removed it and should pay for its re-installation, assuming they won't do it for you.

Just get a datacard printout for your car, which should show that V27 is active (cruise control), that will prove to M-B that the car had OEM cruise and therefore also prove that they removed it and should pay for its re-installation, assuming they won't do it for you.

Mike, I don't understand?The car did not come with CC from the factory (like all the Canadian models), how would a datacard printout show V27 is active when their updated MAP reversed the TAN that I had done with the OEM SMART stalk purchased from Europe.Are you saying that because the OEM CC stalk was once active, this will show on a datacard?

The dealer, wow! The crappy part here is they were trying to do you a favour. An update while they were there is something I would have done when I worked there. I can understand the process they took there. You said you weren't impressed with the remap, maybe ask the dealer for the value of the remap in service, like a free B service or something. The CC is really balls, and the guy you got to install it for you that is holding you hostage for your TAN code, seriously thats wrong and you will lose customers over this. I know as well as any other business that there are a lot of expenses that come with operating a business but put yourself in the customer's shoes. I had a customer that wanted CC and I got my TAN from Eddy at flying tiger development. I'll see if I can find it, there can only be so many codes for each parameter right?

Are you saying that because the OEM CC stalk was once active, this will show on a datacard?

That is correct; the data card should be updated as of when the TAN was generated for your VIN.

Mike, I've already tried that with MB West Island. I have a good relationship with them, but they have bluntly said that as cruise control was never homologated for Canadian 450s, they are not obligated to maintain it or reapply the TAN, regardless of the data card. I stopped applying the V27 code after that.