Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
quirky1

Missing Forum Elements

22 posts in this topic

Functions such as View New Posts and Mark All Posts Read no longer appear on the screen, drop-down menus are empty, buttons with no text description, and more. It makes no difference which skin (Classic Grey or Go Green) is selected. Is anyone else experiencing this?

It's also worth pointing out to whomever is going to fix this that I got a PHP error after hitting post, even though my message went through. I'll edit this message with a screenshot of the error once I get it.

Heh. Hitting the edit button brings up the usual edit menu, but the options quick edit and full edit aren't there so there is nothing to click on.Here's the picture. Seems to be a permissions issue at some level. Seems like we got hit by some sort of collateral damage from something else. Is SmartieParts still the one hosting our server?

post-4936-1360676801_thumb.png

Looking at this:

http://code.google.com/p/ipb/source/browse...vn109&r=109

I see that the error I see seems to be related to the notification emails that get sent out to subscribers, which explains why the message still gets posted, but you don't get a notification email. Also, it seems we've lost read or maybe execute privileges on most of our club smart car directory. It would explain why there are spots for a lot of elements, but nothing in the spot.

I could see messages but I'm not sure if my reply went or not. I had to guess at which blank button to use. I figure there is some maintenance going on.

I could see messages but I'm not sure if my reply went or not. I had to guess at which blank button to use. I figure there is some maintenance going on.

No maintenance, this is either an attack or a failure of something. Steven is still hosting the forum on his server.

My previous message was so good I sent it twice! :-P Actually, both times I got the same error message after pressing the first blank button the first time and the second the next time.

You'll get the error every time a message gets posted. After you post a message, the server tries to send out notifications to anyone subscribed to the thread. In this case, the server has an error while trying to send out these emails and decides to tell you about it, like you really care.

It looks to me like this was an attack. When I load the homepage, my AV blocks an attempted HTML redirect to some .it webpage. We'll need to get that cleared up for sure.

I found an intruder, the ID is "admin" and the IP address is: 2.135.253.133, which has lots of red spots on the IP address checker.Could anyone with experience tell me what to do next?

I banned that IP address, but I've no idea how to fix the forum and stop the redirect.

The redirect one seems relatively simple. If you look at the source code for the front page, the third line has a: document.write('<iframe blah blah blah.Getting rid of that line should clear up the redirect. I don't know if you have access to the actual HTML for the front page? Probably not through the admin interface I would think.For the rest of it, someone will need to log in to the hosting server and add back the read and execute permissions on our stuff. How much needs it, and what in particular? Not sure.

Thanks, I think someone with root admin powers needs to do that. I've notified the forum's founder too.

Okay - we think we have things back to normal - joint effort - big shout out to Awesys for all the help - we got hacked - but we have put things back in order and are watching for repeat attempts - won't get into what we are doing in the background.We hope to have an updated version of the IPB in place before too long - we have to do a bit of due dilegence to make sure we don't get into any gottcha's.If you spot any issues (real ones - not just 'cuz your senses are enhanced at the moment) let us know. I am also doing some long overdue housekeeping with the site - should make it perform better.Cheers,Cameron