Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CANMAN

34 posts in this topic

Anyone want to get in on a group buy of ground cables?I am getting a local shop to make insulated ground cables with 1/4 in lugs (0.25") which is as close as we can get to 6 mm (0.2362") and #1 gauge insulated cable with the lugs coated in Noalox (conductive paste) crimped and covered with heat shrink.Cost $12 plus shipping.Francesco and KurtMan requested new Battery Ground Cables as well.Cost $15 plus shipping.To save money on shipping perhaps someone in each major city,( like Mike T in Vancouver) can receive a bundle of cables and distribute them instead of lots of individual shipments.Sign Up below, please indicate if you only want the Engine Ground or both Engine and Battery Grounds.P.M. me if you don't want to wait for a bulk shipment.Canman (Madoc, Ontario)post-9481-1361547534_thumb.jpg

Sign Up sheet for Ground Cables.1. KurtMan (Ottawa) both cables.2. Francesco (Montreal) both cables.3. Glenn (London) both cables x 24.5.6.7.8.9.10.

Yes, in for both, and I'd be happy to handle Greater Montreal distribution if you get more orders.

Sign Up sheet for Ground Cables.1. KurtMan (Ottawa) both cables.2. Francesco (Montreal) both cables.3. Glenn (London) both cables x 24. Bill (London) both cables x 2 ... maybe a single shipment to Glenn in London for both of us?5.6.7.8.9.10.

Edited by smartnhappy

They look really well made. A pity postage for heavy items across the Atlantic is too expensive or I would have signed up as well. My solution is therefore a heavy duty crimp tool so I can make my own.

Posted Image

Expensive but worth it.

A good idea when installing the new cables is to clean the mounting points really well. Use a battery terminal tool expose new metal on the battery. Clean off any corrosion and sulphites on the top of the battery using either a battery cleaning spray or a thick solution of baking soda and water, followed by a fresh water rinse and towel dry. Obviously with a smart this is done outside the car! Use a wire brush to clean the lugs on the chassis and engine. Finally, once hooked up, coat all these areas with a thick grease or petrolatum gel, or a special-purpose corrosion stopper like Noco NCP-2 or Permatex SA-9.

I'm in for both. Please ship to Francesco on the West Island but, I'm currently in Thailand and on vaca and will only return to Montreal on March 21. So either I'll pay Francesco on pickup or mail you a check when I get home.

The second batch of cables will be ready on Monday.If you have signed up and haven't done so yet, please send me your mailing address so I can get the postage cost figured out.I will start mailing them out soon as every one in a particular city pays.Canman

Hi Guys,Please don't pay with PayPal, they charge a fee of $2.04.I am not making any money doing this, thus it's costing me if you use PayPal.Unless you add $2.04 to the total of course.Canman

Edited by CANMAN

My bank charges $1.50 per transaction.However it's still the slickest way to transfer funds. :D

Crap, you're right! I have a grandfathered chequing account from 20 years ago that charges no fees as long as I maintain a certain minimum monthly balance, but if I e-Transfer from one of my other accounts I do indeed get charged the $1.50 as a sender. The recipient is not charged (the opposite of Paypal).

Hi Guys,Who are Leah and Donald? Clubsmartcar names?Please p.m. me so I know who paid.Thanks.Canman

Hi Guys,The London shipment is on its way.I didn't get a chance to pick up the rest of the cables today, I will pick them up and get them in the mail in the morning.Canman

The Ottawa shipment has arrived! PM me if you are 1 of the lucky owners.Thanx again CANMAN!

Edited by KurtMan

Still no sign of the Montreal-bound package. Very odd, southern Ontario to here normally takes one or two days.