Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Polar Attack

Ac Rattle Under Passenger Side Seat

7 posts in this topic

Hello smart friends,I have recently started to hear a rattle/knock coming from under the passengers seat. During acceleration or while the car is parked, in gear - with the brake on. Tap the gas (i know its diesel) - you hear the knock. I've been told it is the A/C line running from the back to the front. Some sort of plastic mount is broken. Allowing the pipe to bounce around and hit the underside. I naturally thought of accessing it from the underside, but have been told it's more common to reach that area by removing the passenger seat.Has anyone else had this problem or have tips on how to repair it? I didn't see anything on the Evolution site.I guess as always - disconnecting the battery first will help to prevent any unwanted airbag action.thanks in advance ...

A common problem. A plastic mount is broken that holds the AC lines. Unfortunately to properly fix it, the passenger seat needs to be rem'd and the the belly pan.

To see the AC lines you need to remove the underside belly pan.To attach the hanger, you need to remove the passenger seat.Wishing I had my camera- a picture is worth a thousand words.

Is the repair an actual smart part replacement? Or something i just fab as required? (zap straps & coat hangers)If there's an actual part replacement does anyone have the Part Number? I'd like to get it before I make my car undriveable.thanks again,

Did you end up doing this repair? If so, did you happen to take any pics / find the part number? I've got the exact same problem with 2006 Pure. :mellow:

To see the AC lines you need to remove the underside belly pan.To attach the hanger, you need to remove the passenger seat.Wishing I had my camera- a picture is worth a thousand words.

Managed to do this without removing the seat..but it was a PITA! Replaced the bolt with a hex head and tighten with a 10mm wrench.